Devonta Freeman’s last-minute touchdown secured the Baltimore Ravens a narrow win over the Chicago Bears on Sunday. It also proved to be gold for a bettor who turned $50 into more than $1 million.
The Ravens’ result was the final one the bettor needed to secure a $1,133,530.50 payout on a 15-game parlay.
According to The Athletic, the bettor’s ticket contained picks from across the spectrum, including on the NHL, NBA, NFL, college football and basketball, along with the LPGA Tour. Things became nerve-wracking for the bettor on Nov. 16 when the Vegas Golden Knights covered as a 2.5-goal underdog in a 4-2 loss to the Carolina Hurricanes, and Cal State Fullerton beat George Washington by 15 at home in men’s college basketball.
The winning ticket’s bets
- Vegas Golden Knights +2.5 (-105): Covered in 4-2 loss to Carolina
- Cal State Fullerton ML (-150): Defeated George Washington 74-59
- Rhode Island -5.5 (-110): Defeated Boston College 57-49
- UConn -24.5 (-110): Defeated LIU 93-40
- Miami Ohio -9.5 (-110): Defeated Stetson 80-65
- Wake Forest -9.5 (-110): Defeated Charleston Southern 95-59
- Michigan State -2.5 (-110): Defeated Butler 73-52
- Atlanta Hawks ML (-190): Defeated Boston Celtics 110-99
- Colorado Avalanche -1.5 (+150): Defeated Vancouver Canucks 4-2
- Washington Capitals -1.5 (+200): Defeated Los Angeles Kings 2-0
- New England Patriots ML (-275): Defeated Atlanta Falcons 25-0
- Houston ML (-300): Defeated Memphis 31-13
- Oklahoma ML (-175): Defeated Iowa State 28-21
- Jin Young Ko (+500): Won CME Group Tour Championship
- Baltimore Ravens ML (-250): Defeated Chicago Bears 16-13
The last two events the bettor needed to secure his win were played on Sunday when Jin Young Ko won the CME Group Tour Championship and the Ravens defeated the Bears, despite not having quarterback Lamar Jackson at their disposal.
Tune in on CBS! pic.twitter.com/Gvu2hubC5h
— Baltimore Ravens (@Ravens) November 21, 2021
The lucky punter’s incredible win ranks among the top-10 highest earnings ever recorded in sports betting. The record $14 million jackpot belongs to an anonymous bettor from Eastern Europe and dates back to Nov. 1, 2017.