There are a multitude of betting options available, from the simple black or red and odds or evens even money bets, to wagers on specific numbers (35-1), splits (17-1), streets (11-1), corners (8-1), five line bet (6-1), six line bet (5-1), columns (2-1) or dozens (2-1).
As an example, if a player was to predict that the number 5 will come up again on the next spin.
These are the player's bets;
- The number 5 - which will pay odds of 35-1
- 4-6 Street - which will pay odds of 11-1
- 1st dozen - which will pay odds of 2-1
- 2nd column - which will pay odds of 2-1
- Any odd number - which will pay 1-1
- Any red number - which will pay 1-1
- 1-18 - which will pay 1-1
If the number 5 comes up again the player will win $35 + $11 + $2 + $2 + $1 + $1 + $1, for a profit of $53.
- 0 Line - bet on 4 or 5 numbers that pays 4-1 (0,1,2,3,00*).
- Ball - plastic or metal sphere spun around the roulette wheel.
- Black - a bet on all black numbers that pays 1-1.
- Dozen - a bet on 12 numbers that pays 2-1.
- Evens - a bet on all even numbers that pays 1-1.
- Column - a bet on 12 numbers that pays 2-1.
- Corner - a bet on 4 numbers that pays 8-1.
- Inside - all bets on the inside of the layout.
- Layout - area on the table where roulette bets are placed.
- Line - a bet on 6 numbers that pays 5-1.
- No More Bets - dealer announcement as ball is in motion.
- No Spin - dealer announcement if the spin is not legal
- Odds - a bet on all odd numbers that pays 1-1.
- Orphelins - 'Orphans' call bet
- Outside - all bets on the layout outside the specific number.
- Pockets - numbered compartments on the wheel where the ball stops.
- Red - a bet on all red numbers that pays 1-1.
- Run - consecutive numbers of the same color.
- Split - a bet on 2 numbers that pays 17-1.
- Street - a bet on 3 numbers that pays 11-1.
- Tiers - 'The Third' call bet
- Voisins du Zero - 'Neighbours of Zero' call bet
- Wheel - round, numbered & colored apparatus in which the roulette ball spins.