Explore the Best of Call of Duty Betting
Being the fourth best-selling video-game franchise in the world, with over 250 million copies sold since the release of the first game in the series in 2003, Call of Duty is not only one of the most popular games of our time but the eSports betting scene is also one of the most lucrative.
In this guide we will break down the basics of Call of Duty, what makes it a successful eSports betting option as well as how you too can maximize your winnings today.
All of the sites that we recommend are guaranteed to offer:
- The widest variety of betting options
- The best bonuses and rewards
- 24/7 customer support for peace of mind
What is Call of Duty?
Call of Duty is one of the gaming industry’s premier first-person-shooter (FPS) titles. With an annual release schedule, the franchise has quite a long and storied history. While early games had heavy focus on a narrative-based single-player campaign, which is still seen in later titles although with less of a focus, it is the multiplayer aspect of the franchise that has truly kept the game alive.
Thanks to its fast-paced action, easy to follow gameplay and the developer’s dedication to providing a spectator mode that is intuitive and provides viewers with a complete picture of what is going on at any given time, Call of Duty has seen much success in both the eSports and eSports betting scenes.
eSports Betting is the way of the Future
Electronic sports (eSports) may be the newcomer to the betting field but, over the past few years, it has proven to be one of the most lucrative markets. As the popularity of eSports events continues to grow, so does the market for eSports wagers.
As an eSport, Call of Duty revolves around multiplayer death matches. In competitive play, teams compete against one another in primarily 4v4 matches, although 3v3 and 6v6 matches are also available. The most common modes used for competitive play include:
- Search and Destroy - a mode where one team defends and the other team plays offense. Players are given a single life per round and are tasked with either killing the entire enemy team or the triggering one of their two bomb sites.
- Capture the Flag – teams attempt to capture the opposing team’s flags and return it to their own base in order to score points. Points are only awarded if a team returns the enemy flag while they hold their own flag.
- Hardpoint – teams must capture and hold “hardpoints” on the map with points awarded for the amount of time a team can hold the point. The first team to reach a certain number of points is declared the winner
- Uplink – the newest competitive mode, teams must bring in a satellite drone to their enemy team’s uplink station. Points are awarded when a team’s drone is thrown in the opposing faction's station. The first team to 20 points is declared victorious.
Call of Duty Betting Has Proven Extremely Popular
While betting on Call of Duty matches is nothing new, thanks to the growth of the eSports betting scene in general, the options for betting on Call of Duty continues to grow by the day. Thanks to the game being easy to follow, eSports betting on Call of Duty matches is one of the easiest to succeed in.
In addition, thanks to the skill gap between Call of Duty teams being extremely small, it is tough for any one team to be a favorite when it comes to wagering. This means that underdog bets payoff more frequently in Call of Duty betting as upsets are more common than in other eSports tournaments.
Online betting on Call of Duty can be done through a number of reputable online gambling sites and getting started with eSports betting is as easy as choosing the site you wish to play on, signing-up, choosing the game you want to bet on and placing your first bet.
Breaking Down Your CoD Betting Options
When it comes to betting on Call of Duty, there are five major types of betting markets available:
- Money-line Bets – bets placed on individual matches that simply say either Team A will beat Team B or Team B will beat Team A. The odds on offer reflect the perceived strength of the team based on calculations performed by bookmakers.
- Outright Bets – also known as the futures market, outright bets are bets placed not on a single match but on the outcome of a tournament. This can be on a team; which team will reach the final or which region the winner will be from. An example would be a bet placed at the beginning of the tournament that says that the winner will be a team from the USA.
- Accumulator Bets – also known as combo bets, accumulator bets are composed of several individual bets that, if all are won, combine for a bigger pay-out. An example of this would be two $5 bets placed on teams during the first round of play (Group stage) stating that Team A would beat Team B (with odds 1/2) and Team C would lose to Team D (with odds 2/5). Should both of these predictions be true, the total profit would be $5x (1/2+1) x (2/5+1) =$10.5
- Special Bets – more specialized bets, these bets require a little more in-depth knowledge of the game and its players as these bets are on specific events that will occur within matches, e.g. specific map winners, correct scores, total number of kills. An example would be a bet on Team A achieving 30 kills within a match.
- In-play Bets Bets – also referred to as live-bets, in-play bets are placed after a match has started and are similar to special bets in that they focus on one aspect of play. An example would be a bettor placing a wager that states that Player A will diffuse the bomb in a certain number of rounds.
Odds: The Good, the bad and the Fractional
The most common format to express odds in eSports betting, fractional odds are calculated by bookies and refer to the likelihood of a certain event happening e.g. the odds of Team A winning over Team B. This number is expressed as a fraction.
The odds of a bet dictate how much that bet will pay-out and players can thus calculate their potential winnings with some easy math.
Some examples include:
- Odds of 4/1 - for every $1 bet you will be paid out $4 for a win (i.e. favorable odds)
- Odds of 1/9 – for every $9 bet you will be paid out $1 (i.e. unfavorable odds)
To work out your potential payouts you simply need to multiply the number by your stake e.g. on a 4/1 bet, if you place a bet of $5 you will be paid out 4 x $5 = $20.
Tips for Maximizing Your Winning Potential
When it comes to placing eSports bets there are a number of things you should keep in mind in order to be successful:
- Know the game and players you are betting on – eSports are varied and unique, specializing will allow you to make better researched bets
- Specialize in a single game or genre
- Bet selectively and objectively – don’t bet on every event and don’t bet on your favorite team just because they are your favorite. Make well-researched bets on matches you are confident about.
- Don’t only bet on majors – minor tournaments often feature better odds than majors as underdogs have better potential to upset bigger teams in smaller, lesser-known events
- Understand player form – as with any sportsman, players and teams will not always be able to perform at their top-standard. Research teams and players before tournaments and make smart betting decisions.
Meet the CoD Stars of this Season
2017 was a stellar year for gamers with the eSports calendar packed to the brim with minor and major tournaments. When it comes to Call of Duty, the bulk of the events are linked to the Call of Duty World League with notable events, and their winners, including:
- Call of Duty World League Anaheim Open – Luminosity Gaming
- 2018 Call of Duty World League Dallas Open – Team Kaliber
- Call of Duty World League Atlanta – eUnited
- MLG Vegas – Rise Nation
- Call of Duty World Championship 2017 – OpTic Gaming
Top-Class Players That Carry Their Teams
While teams see success with a variety of rosters, there are a number of players in rankings that truly shine above the rest. Players known for their leadership and carrying abilities include:
- Kenny “Kenny” Williams – SMG Slayer for Team Kaliber. Achievements include 1st place in the 2018 CWL Dallas Open
- Seth “Scump” Abner – Flex Player for OpTic Gaming. Achievements include 3rd place in the 2018 CWL Dallas Open, 1st place in the 2017 Call of Duty World League Championship
- Renato “Saints” Forza – AR Slayer for Echo Fox, previously Luminosity Gaming. Achievements include 1st place at the 2017 CWL Anaheim Open
- Ulysses “AquA” Silva – SMG for Rise Nation. Achievements include 1st place at MLG Vegas
- Ian “Crimsix” Porter – Flex player for OpTic Gaming. Achievements include 3rd place at the 2018 CWL Dallas Open, 1st place at the 2017 Call of Duty World League Championship and 1st place at the 2017 CWL Global Pro League Stage 2
The Best Call of Duty Betting Sites
Finding a reputable site that offers great odds, the best betting options as well as the best rewards and bonuses just for playing can be tough. That is why we’ve done the hard work in finding the best eSports betting sites for you in 2017.
By choosing to play at one of our recommended sites you are guaranteed:
- Bonuses & Promotions – from juicy welcome bonuses to handsome rewards just for playing and extensive loyalty programs and more
- Safe Banking – choose from a range of top banking options to suit your needs with banking that is safe, fast and convenient
- Variety of Games – Call of Duty isn’t the only eSport you can bet on. The sites we recommend offer the largest variety of games and betting options available
- Secure & Reputable – we vet only reputable, licensed and regulated sites so that you can play with peace of mind
- Compatibility – giving all of our players the chance to play, regardless of their device, is our top priority’
- Support – 24/7 customer support for all your gaming needs
Place Your First Bet Today
Betting on Call of Duty can be fun as well as lucrative. By choosing to wager on one of the world’s top-played and supported games you can be assured that your research will not go to waste and your betting bank will only continue to grow.
We’ve broken down the basics of Call of Duty, how betting works and what bets are available to players. Now is your chance to shine. Take a browse through our selection of recommended eSports betting sites to find the one that suits you the best and start winning today.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get started with Call of Duty gambling?
Getting started is as easy as one, two, three. Simply brush up on the basics of Call of Duty, choose a site from our list of recommended betting sites that offer the best rewards, widest variety of betting options and more, register, and start winning.
What are Call of Duty wager matches?
Wager matches are special kinds of bets available to Call of Duty: Black Ops players. These wagers use Call of Duty points rather than real money to bet and can only be done within game lobbies. Six players wager their CoD points against others within the lobby and the players that place within the top three ranks are the ones that receive those winnings.
How do the odds work in CoD online gambling?
Odds in Call of Duty gambling work the same as normal sports betting wagers. Odds are calculated by bookies based on a number of factors including team performance at prior majors, team performance on LAN, how a team performed when playing against the same opponent previously, and more.
Can I get a bonus for CoD betting online?
Yes! The best sites, like the ones we recommend, offer players handsome rewards just for placing wagers online.
Can I win real money by betting on Call of Duty?
Yes, betting on Call of Duty matches can be extremely lucrative. By choosing to place bets at one of our recommended sites you are guaranteed access to the best betting options at only secure and regulated sites.
What kinds of bets can I place?
There are a number of wagers that can be placed on Call of Duty. These include outrights, accumulators, specials, and in-play bets with various payouts available for each.
Can I place bets from my mobile or tablet?
Thanks to advances in technology you can now place bets on a number of different platforms, including your mobile smartphone or tablet. Be sure to check your device is compatible with the software you choose before making your first deposit to avoid disappointment.
Which online gambling sites offer the best odds on CoD?
When it comes to sites that offer the best odds on Call of Duty, our experts have done the hard work in finding and vetting only top-class gambling sites guaranteed to offer the best odds, most reliable payouts, and the best bonuses to help build your bankroll. Trust us to help you build your bankroll today.