Everything You Need To Know About Rocket League Betting
Sometimes, video game trends move towards super realistic, gray, depressing themes with lots of war or post-apocalyptic storytelling. Rocket League is absolutely none of those things! It's bright, colorful, fun and exciting and combines two things and players love – soccer and crazy cars. Players use a funky vehicle to get an enormous beach ball into the goal, but even the best players are rarely in control and gameplay is frenetic, hilarious and exhilarating, making it an ideal esport betting game.
Read on to learn more about how Rocket League works as a game and in an eSports context, as well as:
- Types of bets available
- How the odds work in Rocket League
- The best places to bet on Rocket League
- Rake free
- Features a rewarding referral program
- Flexible line-ups
- Missing some popular sports
- Restrictions on bonuses
- Number of line-ups capped
- Banking options (5)
- Banking options (5)
Why Fantasy Draft?
"As one of the biggest sports betting sites in the US, Fantasy Draft attracts a lot of serious sports betting fans, who find the site easy to use and fast to process bets and winnings."
What is Rocket League?
As a concept, Rocket League is a fairly straightforward competitive game. Two teams of three players face off in a giant arena. Players pilot rocket-powered cars, although some players get custom skins to make them look like vans, tanks, or other vehicles. They need to use their cars to get a giant beach ball into the back of a net, like soccer. This makes the game very simple to understand as the goals are clear.
However, in practice, it is a much harder game to master. Players need to rely on quick thinking, a deep understanding of the game's outlandish physics and great communication with their teammates. The cars often flip, performing stunning acrobatics and incredible combination plays during the frenetic, fast-paced gameplay.
How does it work as an esport?
Unlike other games that were originally designed for gamers and then expanded into esports, Rocket League was built with eSports in mind. Soon after the game was released it was announced as part of the ESL line up. This then expanded to Major League Gaming in 2015 and NBC's Sports Group in 2017. It is one of the most watched eSports games in the world thanks to the easy to understand gameplay and exciting matches.
Types of Bets
When it comes to betting on Rocket League, there are five main types of bets that you'll find. These might vary slightly in name or grouping, but they will work in the same essential way.
- Money-line Bets Bets - These are straightforward wagers on individual matches that Team A will beat Team B. The odds will reflect that bookmakers' calculations as to who they think will win.
- Futures Market or Outright Bets - These are a wager on more than a single match, instead of betting on the outcome of a tournament. You might bet on a team, wagering on which teams will reach the finals or which region the winners will be from. For example, you might bet at the beginning of the tournament that the winning team will be from North America.
- Combo Bets - Also known as accumulator bets, these collect a few different wagers into one, high-paying combination. For example, you might bet that Team B will beat Team A and that Team C will beat Team D. If both of those predictions are correct, you could end up winning more than if you made those wagers separately, but obviously you also hold more risk as you might end up being half right or wrong and not getting any payout.
- Special Bets - These are more specialized bets that require specific knowledge of the game and its players. These can include specific moves that players might pull off, how many goals a team will score or even which unique skin design a player might use for a match.
- In-play Bets - Also called Live-bets, these are similar to special bets but are placed once the match has already started. These still might include an over/under bet on the number of goals a team will score, as well as who will pull off a particular technique first or who will score first.
The Odds of Rocket League
It's important to remember that odds all start from bookmakers calculating the odds of one team winning or losing. The better the chance that Team A will win, the more you'll have to wager in the hopes of getting any return from them. This can be represented in different ways, though.
Some sites use the American system of showing odds. This is based on showing how much money you would have to risk in order to win $100. So, for example, if FlipSid3 is listed at -120 to win, you'd need to wager $120 to win $100, resulting in you taking home a total of $220 (with your original wager returned to you). If Team Orbit is listed at +250, you only need to bet $100 to win $250, taking home a total of $350.
Let's say a team has a 20% chance of winning a match. A bookmaker would then give them 4/1 odds, which means that for every $1 you bet, you could win $1, plus get your original $1 back. Alternatively, if it's 90% that a team will win, the odds would be 1/9, making you wager $9 to get a $1 winning, plus your original bet would be returned to you.
Top Tips for Rocket League Betting
Rocket League is such a volatile game with a constantly shifting strategy and meta, but there are some tips to help you win big when you bet on the game.
- Use the gaming community. Video gaming has a vibrant and active community of fans. Check out forums and sites dedicated to Rocket League. Many avid eSports spectators will happily share their views of which teams will win or lose and why.
- Get to know the game. You can't bet on every esport, so get to know more about Rocket League. Learn the game-specific terminology and what to look for during matches or tournaments.
- Be selective with your bets. Just because one team has become your favorites doesn't mean that you should bet on them in every tournament or match. Take the time to research so that you only wager on matches when you're confident.
- Don't only bet on big name events. Smaller tournaments often have more room for underdog victories or the rise of previously unknown teams. This means you can find larger payouts and greater excitement at some of the smaller tournaments.
- Get to know the players. Some players are better online while other play best at LAN events. This can make a huge difference depending on the tournament, so get to know the top players' strengths and weaknesses.
Recent Winning Teams
- FlipSid3 Tactics: They appear to be the top-dog for years to come. They always make it to the finals of any tournament they enter, usually finding a way to win. With over $100,000 in tournament winnings in 2017, they are a force to be reckoned with.
- NRG Sports: The top team in North America, this team was originally called King of Urban before being picked up by the NRG squad. They are incredibly talented and now have the support they need to continue to grow.
- G2 Sports: They were the first World Champions of the Rocket League Championship Series, and the first Rocket League squad to pay their players a salary to become full-time eSports professionals. Their online play isn't great, but they are incredible at LAN tournaments.
- Gale Force eSports: Although a relatively new team they are definitely one to watch. Since their establishment, they've been winning tournaments all over Europe and feature some of the top ranking players in the game.
Names to Watch in Rocket League
Teams are always important, but some individual players bring something special to their teams or could even lead to new teams rising through the ranks. Here are some names you should know in Rocket League.
- Courant “Kaydop” Alexandre: Currently the top player in the world, Kaydop is a 19-year old from France playing for Gale Force eSports.
- Jos “ViolentPanda” van Meurs: Captain of Gale Force eSports, ViolentPanda is from The Netherlands.
- Pierre “Turbopolsa” Silfver: Also plays for Gale Force eSports. He is 19 and comes from Sweden.
- Cameron “Kronovi” Bills: The 20-year-old American has been a big part of G2's success, and even helped the USA team win the League of Rockets World Cup in 2017.
- Francesco “Kuxir97” Cinquemani: Before Rocket League, Kuxir97 was a top player in the European competitive scene for Tekken and the predecessor to Rocket League, SARPBC. He started playing Rocket League when the game was in Alpha, continuing through today, playing for team FlipSid3 Tactics.
Best Rocket League Betting Sites
There are plenty of sites that will let you wager on esports, but we know that you only want the best. You need a reputable site that is trustworthy and reliable. That's why we've done the hard work for you and found the best eSports betting sites of 2020. All our recommended sites are thoroughly tested and reviewed across a range of criteria including:
- Bonuses & Promotions - many sites claim to give you free money when you sign up, but there are often hidden strings. We find the best bonuses and promotions for eSports gamblers, plus the most rewarding loyalty programs.
- Secure Banking Options - all our recommended sites let you choose from a wide range of banking options, all offering secure transactions, safe data storage and fast deposits with efficient withdrawals.
- Game Variety - If you want to bet on more than just Rocket League, these top sites have you covered with a wide range of eSports bets available on a variety of titles and tournaments.
- Reliability - We only recommend reputable, licensed and secure sites so that you know they are safe.
- Compatibility - Whether you choose to gamble on a computer or mobile device, these sites work across platforms.
- Support - Even the best sites can lead to questions or concerns. All our recommended eSports betting sites have friendly and efficient customer support.
Start Winning Today!
Betting on Rocket League can be exhilarating and lucrative. You can enjoy the excitement of the game, plus win big alongside your favorite players. Now that you know what's going on, it's time to get started and see why eSports in general, and Rocket League in particular, is so popular in 2020. Read through our reviews and find a top eSports betting site that appeals to you and start winning at Rocket League betting today!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get started with Rocket League gambling?
Getting started is easy. All you need to do is watch a few matches to get a feel for the game and then choose a site from our list of recommended betting sites to start reaping the rewards of Rocket League betting.
What are Rocket League wager matches?
Wager matches are special bets available to gamblers who also play Rocket League. You'll be able to use your in-game items or skins to bet inside game lobbies.
How do the odds work in Rocket League online gambling?
The odds in Rocket League work in the same way as those in traditional sports betting. Bookies calculate the odds, with payouts on successful wager paid accordingly.
Can I get a bonus for Rocket League betting online?
Definitely! All our recommended sites offer great rewards and promotions just for signing up and placing your bets online.
Can I win real money by betting on Rocket League?
anwerOf course! Betting on Rocket League can be just as profitable as other sports betting.
What kinds of bets can I place?
There is a range of bets that you can make, including outright wins on matches or tournaments as well as speciality wagers on specific actions.
Can I place bets on my mobile or tablet?
Yes, you can. All our recommended sites offer mobile options, although you'll want to confirm that your device is supported before making your first deposit.
Which online gambling sites offer the best odds on Rocket League?
Our experts have found the best eSports betting sites with the best odds on Rocket League and other major games and events. When you bet at any of our recommended gambling sites for 2020, you can rest assured that you're getting the best possible Rocket League betting experience.