- Extensive VIP program with ongoing player rewards
- Powerful software
- Swift payouts on games within 2 days
- Broad games variety
How to Play Online Craps
There are several dice games which have contributed to the creation of the game we know as Craps. Englishman Sir William of Tyre is often credited in the history of craps as one of the original inventors. It was his 17th century dice game 'Hazard', developed during an English army siege of the ancient Arabian castle of 'Hazarth', which got the dice rolling.
Hazard was adopted by the French, who twisted it into a new version known as 'Crapaud' (the French word for 'toad'), before making its way across the ocean to New Orleans, where the modern game of Craps was born.
The rules of the game can seem complex but they’re fairly easy to get the hang of. It’s a game that everyone can win together. It also has some of the best odds at an online casino which makes winning a bit easier than most games. You will need to make an initial bet before the dice are rolled. The game comes to an end when a 7 is rolled. Here’s a step by step guide in playing your favorite game of craps.
- Choose your favorite casino from our approved list.
- Make a bet that you know you can afford.
- Decide on the area of the table that you would like to wager on.
- Roll the dice and see the outcome. This is called the come out roll.
- Make another bet.
- You lose the game if you roll the numbers 2, 3 or 12.
Playing by the Rules
Players will need to make an initial bet before the dice is rolled. We recommend that new players wager on Pass or Don’t Pass.
- If the dice is a 7 or 11, those players who bet on Pass will win even money. Those who bet on Don’t Pass will lose.
- Only a 2, 3 or 12 will lead to a win for the Don’t Pass players.
- If any other number is rolled, it will be declared the point and the game continues
- This point is marked on the table and players can make additional bets. There are various bets that can be made. These are explained in the next section.
- Each time a 7 isn’t rolled on the dice, players will have the chance to make extra bets. The most recent number becomes the point.
- The game comes to an end when a 7 is rolled.
Bets & Odds Basics
Craps is a game of skill combined with chance. It is not a game that relies 100% on luck. To win at a game of craps, you would need to find games with a low house edge at your favorite casino. You will then want to make the right bet, and to do that you need to know each bet's average house edge:
- Pass – 1.41% house edge
- Don’t Pass – 1.40% house edge
- Place 6 and 8 – 1.52% house edge
- Don’t Place 6 and 8 – 1.82% house edge.
The odds bet is a secret bet that not many people know about. By making two odds bet, you can take the house edge to 0.06%. This reduces the house edge by at least 40%. However, to make this bet, you must have made a pass line or a don’t pass line bet.
The Best Craps Betting Strategies
Before you ante-up and indulge in some internet gambling, craps strategy requires some careful thought. Although you can't control the movements of the dice once they've been released, you can improve your chance of success with some simple betting techniques. Below you will find a simple yet effective selection of tips to help you become a top craps player.
When it comes to gambling online, craps can be an unpredictable game with multiple twists of fate at any point. For this reason, you need to have a solid bankroll behind you. Indeed, if you want to avoid going broke and, moreover, implement a winning strategy you need to have enough money to play with. If you're playing a conservative strategy then it's wise to have at least 50 bets on you if you want to play without any fear.
To Buy or Not to Buy
Buy bets may look attractive as they allow you to place wagers on specific numbers, however, this option comes at a premium. The casino is essentially allowing you to make a bet that's not in their favour, in turn, they will charge you a commission each time you win. Therefore, while the odds of the situation might be too good to turn down, the commission you'll be forced to pay will eat into your overall profits.
Take the Odds
Odds bets (made behind the pass line) aren't the most obvious on the table but they can be the most lucrative. When combined with pass line bets, odds bets give you the ability to cover all but three possible totals. To place an odds bet, you must put chips equal to twice your pass line wager behind the pass line. When a point is established you'll win a return on your investment.
Top Tips & Tricks
Craps is a great game for casino lovers that have grown tired of traditional card games and slot machines. It is fast paced, allows for a lot of strategic play and is, above all, excellent fun.
However, make sure to make use of bankroll management. This way you will know that you are gambling responsibly without every going overboard. Bankroll management states that you should only place a certain number of chips on the table (about 10% of your total bankroll). That way you can always be safe.
You should also avoid increasing your bets quickly, making it seem like you’re on a high roll. Always have fun but gamble responsibly.
- Aces – A bet on a 2 in the next roll.
- Come Out Roll – The first roll after a round of betting that ends in a win.
- Crap Out - To roll 2, 3 or 12 on the first throw.
- Don't Pass - To bet against the shooter, often considered bad luck.
- Hard Way - An even number made up of same 2 die, e.g. hard eight is 4-4.
- Inside Numbers – Bets on a 5, 6, 8 and 9.
- Pass - To bet with the shooter.
- Snake Eyes - To roll 1-1 (total 2).
- Shooter - Player rolling the dice.
- Whirl Bet – An equal bet on 2, 3, 7, 11 and 12.
Secure Craps Gameplay
Our experts have scoured the market to find the top craps sites with the best craps bonuses. All certified as safe and secure, these online gambling platforms will give you the ability to ante-up with the knowledge that your money is safe and your chances of success are better than they would be in any other virtual arena.
All our approved online sites come with their own random number generator which ensures a random and fair gambling experience to all players. You can never go wrong when playing craps at one of our recommended casinos.
Start Your Online Craps Adventure Today
Compared to other options in the world of online gambling, craps has a relatively complex betting structure. This is often intimidating for new players but it shouldn't be one that stops you from testing out the game.
While the actual act of rolling the dice is obviously remarkably easy, it is the betting that causes a lot of confusion. Hopefully, with our guide to online craps it should become a lot easier to understand and you'll find yourself placing a bet in no time!
Can I play craps online?
Yes. Craps is a popular game amongst gamblers which means that all the top rated casino sites will offer craps games as part of their options.
Are online craps games rigged?
No! All our recommended casinos have maximum security on your personal information and banking details. They are all equipped with a random number generator to keep games random and fair to all players.
How can I win online casino craps?
There is no limit to how much you can win at the game of craps. The more games your play, the more you are in the chance of winning. It’s a combination of luck and skill.
Which site is the best for craps online?
We’ve recommended all the best sites for you to play craps online. Choose your favorite online site and start playing to win some real money at craps!
Is there a strategy to help me win more?
There are various strategies that you can use to maximize your winnings at craps. However, you should also keep in mind that all the games are random which means that you have a fair chance of winning and losing each time.