- Extensive VIP program with ongoing player rewards
- Powerful software from Real Time Gaming
- Swift payouts on games within 2 or 3 days
- Broad games variety, including live dealer games
Learning the Basics of Roulette
Whether you opt to play live or end up embracing online gambling roulette, learning how to play the wheel is simple. The game revolves around a spinning wheel with numbered slots. Your goal is to guess the number a ball will on when the wheel comes to a halt. If you're wondering what all the numbers on the table mean while trying to figure out how to play roulette, internet gambling fans should direct their attention to the wheel. The marked areas indicate the various betting options. For example, you'll notice numbers ranging from 1-36 as well as 0 and 00. You'll be able to bet that the wheel will land on one of these numbers, but that's just a starting point. We'll get into more of your real cash betting options below.
When learning how to play roulette, online gambling players should be aware that there are different versions of the game. While offline casinos often stick to a single version, online casino players can expect to find up to three different styles of play at most online betting websites. American and European roulette gameplay is largely similar. When learning how to play roulette, the only distinction is that the American version adds a 00 slot to the wheel and table layout, which effectively reduces your odds and makes the European game a better bet. If you happen to play French casino online roulette, you'll find foreign words atop the table and some house rules that can improve your odds further.
Real Money Roulette Bets
Roulette isn't just simple to learn, but you can count on decent payouts and a wide variety of bets.
When it comes to casino online gambling, how to play roulette best is a topic worth discussing. In general, it's worth working the odds to your advantage. As we discussed, European versions of the game are always preferred and are widely available online in the USA at top online gambling sites in 2016. Here's a look at some of the bets, but you can learn more about these wagers by visiting our roulette payouts guide.
- Color - Betting on red or black pays even money. With a 48.65% chance of winning, it's one of your best bets.
- Even or odd - This pays the same as red or black bets with equal odds.
- 1 to 18 or 19 to 36 - This outside bet also pays even money with the same modest house edge as wagering on red, black, even, or odd.
- Dozen or column bet - These bets pay 2:1 and give you a 32.43% shot at winning if you play European roulette.
- Straight bet - Wagering on a single number pays a whopping 35:1 but is a longshot with 2.7% probability of occurring.
- Split bet - Hedging your bet across two numbers pays 17:1 with a likelihood of 5.41%.
- Street bet - Covering a row of three numbers pays 11:1 with an 8.11% probability.
- Corner bet - Backing four numbers yields 8:1 and has a 10.81% chance of happening.
- Double street bet - Covers six numbers, pays 5:1, and has a 16.22% likelihood of occurring.
Anticipating the Action
Once you are happy with your real cash bets, you can click the spin or play button. If you are playing live dealer roulette, the croupier will spin the wheel and toss a ball in. In standard roulette at online gambling sites, this process in simulated with convincing animations that are based on real world physics and a certified random number generator. After a few seconds, the ball will come to a rest in one of the numbered slots on the wheel. You'll automatically receive your dollars if any of your numbers come up. Of course, you don't need to bet on exact numbers. You can put your real money on colors and combinations as well.
Things Worth Considering
When learning how to play roulette, most online gambling sites let you test drive the action for free. There's no need to risk real money while you get familiar with the odds and pace of the game. That might just end up being the top tip on how to play roulette.
If you take the time to learn how to play roulette, many online gambling sites will reward you handsomely. Although payouts are fairly standard, internet gambling sites always offer European roulette and occasionally host French games too. That means that if your local casino only offers American roulette, you are always better off doing some online gambling. Yet if you do ever find yourself with your buddies in Las Vegas, the skills you acquire when you learn how to play roulette will translate perfectly from the virtual to real world. The only thing you should note is that the pace is much slower offline. Don't be surprised when you tell your friends that real money internet gambling has spoiled you.
Put Your Skills into Action
Now that you're well acquainted with the methods of online gambling, how to play roulette is something you can show the world. Luckily, there are dozens of top sites open around the clock. Just visit any of our recommended betting sites and see just how well you know how to play roulette. Online gambling sites that have earned our highest rating will put their money where their mouth is. Log on now and you'll get one of the best casino online bonuses in the industry.