Online Sportsbook Reviews
Sports bettors are met with an incredible range of choices when betting online. We only recommend the best online sports betting sites, and we know they're the best because we reviewed them. Explore our review process for sportsbooks, see which betting sites have been reviewed and bet on sports with confidence.
How We Review Sportsbooks
Our strict guidelines and review criteria are designed to help us identify outstanding online betting sites. The result, as you'll see below, is a catalogue of thorough and comprehensive betting site reviews.
- Deposits & Withdrawals
- When depositing at a sportsbook, you should be given a wide range of options. Deposits have to be instant, with no fees attached and withdrawals fulfilled within days, not weeks. Poor service during withdrawals is a common reason for a site being added to our blacklist.
- Safety & Security
- You bet online to win, so you want to ensure you get the biggest payouts possible. When reviewing a site, we'll scour the figures relentlessly, comparing the odds to those offered at a range of other sites. Quite simply, we'll then only recommend the sites that offer competitive odds across the board, as well as those which regularly offer enhanced odds promotions to their members.
- Many sites have reputations that precede them, which can either be a positive or negative. When researching a site, we'll look at the opinions of other experts and previous users, but we'll always make up our own minds. We won't completely write off a site for a couple of bad comments, as mistakes happen, but consistent and regular negative comments will cause us not to issue a recommendation.
- Markets/Bet Types
- All of the top sports betting websites offer a variety of sports/events and betting options. From low-ranked college basketball games to major events like the Super Bowl, there should always be a large number of markets to bet on. Ideally, a substantial live betting offering with regularly updated and comprehensive coverage will also be available.
- Bonuses, Promotions and Free Bets
- It's rare to find a reputable sports betting site that doesn't offer new users a welcome bonus, which is usually a free bet. The best sites will offer additional bonuses and promotions to existing players, or a loyalty scheme to reward regulars. We won't recommend sites that have absurdly high wagering requirements or punitive terms and conditions that make it impossible for players to take advantage of their bonuses.
- Customer Support
- Customer support should come in many forms – including live chat, email and telephone – and in an ideal world it will be available 24/7. Support teams should be equipped to answer questions on any issue that might arise, such as deposit problems or betting disputes, and we'll get in touch with them to put them through their paces. Customer support should also be able to provide fair odds, especially if there's anything akin to a "request a bet" scheme being offered.
- Many people now bet using their mobile rather than a desktop or laptop. Many gamblers look to place or update bets from the stadium or local sports bar, if that's where they're watching the game. Top sportsbooks offer a well-optimized mobile website or a dedicated app that allows users to take advantage of all available bets, wherever they might be wagering from.
- User Experience
- User experience covers a range of different aspects, from how intuitive the website is to use, through to how much the design complements the intent of the page. Just like regular bettors, we'll spend a long time using any site we're reviewing so we can determine how easy it makes placing bets, checking results and so on.
- One of the final things we'll look at is whether the site in question has any additional features that might enhance the experience of playing there. For example, this might include live streaming of events, partial cashout offers or detailed game stats. The more features a sportsbook offers to improve a player's time at the site, the better the score it will receive from us.
Our Blacklisted Sites
The nature of our rigorous review process means that some sites won't be approved by our team of experts. This isn't a decision we take lightly, but with your safety and security as our top priority, we won't ever promote a casino or gambling site which could jeopardise your money or enjoyment.
There are many reasons why we may blacklist a site, including poor customer service, misleading promotions or not paying out. For more information on which sites to avoid, check out our blacklist page.
Sports to bet on
The sporting calendar in 2020 is absolutely stacked, so once you've read our betting site reviews, you'll be ready to bet on the biggest sports events. Get expert insight into huge spectacles like the Grand National, US Masters and Super Bowl; our extensive betting guides will help you make the smartest bets and win.
- American Football
- Fantasy Sports
- Ice Hockey
- Horse Racing
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best sports betting website?
Betway is our top-rated sports betting site. As an established sportsbook, Betway offer markets on a range of sports and events. They provide quick payouts, have a strong range of welcome bonuses and offer live streaming for events.
Are online sportsbooks legal?
In the UK, all sportsbooks are legal. In the US, there are only a handful of states in which sports betting is legal.
Do sportsbooks payout?
Yes. All the sportsbooks listed on our site payout on time and in full. Part of our rigorous review process it to check the efficiency of deposits and withdrawals.
How do you use a sportsbook?
Using a sportsbook is really quite simple. Firstly, enter the required details to sign up and make your first deposit. Head to the event you wish to bet on, choose your market and select your stake. Then place your bet and check it has been accepted by checking your 'open bets'. If your bet wins, your balance will adjust accordingly, and you will then be able to withdraw your funds.