- Uses software from multiple providers, meaning the range of games is unique
- Licensed by Canadian gambling board, Kahanawake Gaming commission
- $5,000 match bonus on offer
- VIP Programme for high rollers
How to Play Online Casino Blackjack
Also known as Twenty-One (or Vingt-Et-Un, to our French neighbors) and Pontoon, blackjack is the best-known online gambling game in the world. When it comes to gambling online, blackjack is appealing on a number of levels. However, one facet of the game stands out as the most attractive is: simplicity. In online gambling, blackjack has one basic premise, regardless of how the game is jazzed up. Essentially, when you sit down to play blackjack, your aim is to make a total of 21 or value below 21 that's better than the dealer's. We’re here to break it down to you.
Step 1: Sign up for a free account at one of our recommended casinos. Add your first deposit and select the blackjack version that you want to play.
Step 2: Make your first bet. The cards are dealt; one face up to the player and another face down to the dealer. This is repeated until all cards are dealt left to right. The players should have two cards each before the dealer flips his card over.
Step 3: If the dealer does not have a blackjack, players will begin to play. Players can either hit, stand, double down or split.
Step 4: Whoever comes the closest to 21, without going over, wins the games.
Rules of the Game
As a casino classic, blackjack has survived the test of time with ease, thanks to its unceasing charms. And what a test of time it has been.
While there are several variations of the game, the basic set of rules remains similar throughout all of them. The main aim of a game of blackjack is to collect cards with values adding up to 21 or less. If a player receives cards with values adding up to a figure over 21, he is considered 'bust' and his stake goes to the bank. Once you have grasped this essential rule of the game you can slowly work your way up to expertise in the finer points of blackjack. Here are some basic rules that you need to watch out for when playing the traditional game of blackjack.
- The dealer must stand on any 17 - because the dealer is forced to stand on soft 17 it means you, as the player, have more ways to win when you have totals of 17+.
- Players can double down on any total - if you're an aggressive player then the ability to double down any time the dealer is vulnerable is a great tool to have.
- Players can double down after splitting - one of the best ways to significantly increase your returns to split and double down, so by having the ability to do this in a single hand is fantastic for experienced players.
- Players can split up to three times – except for splitting aces (this can only be done once), having the ability to re-split means you can take full advantage of a favorable deck and significantly increase your returns on a single hand.
A Bets & Odds Breakdown
It's the intricate rules which make blackjack a favorite game for strategic players. Calculating your chances of winning does not only depend on your own hand but also on that of the dealer, meaning a serious round of blackjack - whether with just one or multiple players - can easily turn into a merciless battle of wits and nerve. To decide whether it is time to 'double down', 'split', or 'stand' (and to learn the exact meaning of these blackjack terms) move on to read about blackjack strategy.
Blackjack will become a true delight once you have familiarized yourself with the possible strategies and rules - because this will allow you to focus on some very specific points of the game. Options like 'Resplitting', ' Side Bets', and the rules surrounding the fabled 'Soft 17' will be making your rounds of Blackjack even more interesting. As a player, aware of all the ins and outs of the game, it will only be a matter of time before that distinctive James Bond feeling will shed a warm glow on your game of Blackjack.
Your Best Strategy Options
To learn the rules of blackjack and how they might affect what is called the House Advantage, enter our ten minute blackjack academy. However, before you rush off and delve into complex blackjack betting techniques, take a minute to run through the basic tenets of solid play. There are various strategies that you can use to maximize your win at a game of blackjack.
Blackjack Surrender Strategy
Using this strategy correctly is very smart. If you think your chance of winning is very poor, you can choose to surrender. There are two types of blackjack surrender; Later Surrender and Early Surrender. With late surrender, you can only surrender your hand after the dealer sees her hole card. If the dealer has a blackjack, the surrender option is not available. With early surrender, players can surrender before the dealer checks for a blackjack.
Blackjack Pair Splitting Strategy
You can use this strategy when you are dealt two cards of the same value. You can split these two cards into two separate hands. This strategy is determined by the number of decks of cards and playing rules.
Blackjack Hit & Stand Strategy
The player has to choose whether to hit or stand. Hitting refers to asking for another card while standing is when you’re satisfied with your hand and don’t want any more cards.
Blackjack Doubling Down Strategy
You can double the amount of your initial bet for receiving one draw card. Most casinos will let you double down on any two-card hand with no restrictions. Doubling down is determined by cards in your hand and by the dealer’s upcard.
Tips & Tricks
Blackjack might be a fun game to play but there are a few things that you might want to consider before playing for real money.
- Make sure to read the rules before attempting to play. There are various variations of the game of blackjack so it is advisable to be accustomed to the rules.
- Do not go overboard. Set a budget and stick to it. Make sure that you always gamble responsibly.
- Do not chase your losses.
- Check out the bonuses of casinos before choosing your favorite. Most casinos offer a bonus specifically for the game of blackjack.
- Bust – Having a total over the number 21. This will result in an automatic loss.
- Double Down – A player can double by placing an additional bet to his original wager and drawing one additional card.
- Hard Hand – A hand that does not contain an ace.
- Hit – To ask for another card.
- Hole Card - The second card that is dealt to the dealer, face down.
- Push – A tie.
- Shoe- Used to hold multiple decks of cards.
- Soft Hand – A hand that includes an ace valued as 11.
- Stand – When you’re happy with your cards and you stop asking for more.
- Surrender – To abandon your hand.
Enjoy Top Class Security
All our recommended casinos offer the ultimate security measures you can ever find. Your data and banking information are in safe hands when playing blackjack at our top casinos. Our approved casinos come equipped with a random number generator that keeps games random and fair to all players. You can play your favorite blackjack version with peace of mind.
Types of Blackjack
Let's look at modern online gambling blackjack and the plethora of options you can now find in the virtual arena. Like all top online gambling games, internet blackjack is directly related to its live cousin.
However, thanks to an online gambling site's ability to be more creative (because there are less restrictions in terms of space and cost), the best blackjack platforms now contain a wide variety of variants, including:
- European Blackjack – This is played with four decks. European blackjack pays out 3 to 2 and there is a round of betting before the cards are dealt.
- Las Vegas Strip Blackjack – In this version, if the dealer has an ace or a 10, they should check for blackjack before players take their turn. Doubling down can also be done with both cards.
- Pontoon– In Pontoon, the dealer has no hole card and the second card is not revealed until the end of the round.
- Live Dealer Blackjack – You will be able to witness the action in real time with Live Dealer blackjack. There is a personalized feeling when playing at a live dealer casino.
Finding the Best Place to Play
Are you looking for a good online casino to play blackjack? Of course, you are. Known as one of the finest online gambling games in the world, blackjack has been the subject of countless books and Hollywood films over the last few years and now it's a firm favorite for online gambling greats across the world.
Thanks to the recent explosion of internet and online gambling, blackjack is now one of the most common games in the virtual world. However, as with all things in the online arena, not all games are created equal. In fact, when you stray too far from the confines of our top blackjack online gambling sites, the choice of games is tragic. Fortunately for you, we've scoured the industry to find the top online gambling outlets upon which you can enjoy the finest blackjack games in the world.
Which are the best online casinos for blackjack?
We’ve recommended all the top rated casinos on our site. Blackjack is one of the top games to play at all casinos. This means that you will enjoy playing your favorite version at any one of our approved sites.
How much real cash can I win?
It depends on how much you wager. Real money prizes are available when playing blackjack at most casinos. If you’re lucky, you can win big real cash prizes that will change your life.
Can you play blackjack in tournaments?
Yes. Several casinos offer the game of blackjack for tournament purposes. Make sure to check before committing to a casino if tournaments are a priority to your search.
What’s the best online blackjack strategy to use?
There are various strategies to use and they can be used for various purposes. It all depends on what you need at the time. However, one of the most popular strategies to use is definitely the Blackjack Surrender Strategy.
Is playing blackjack online safe?
Yes. All our recommended casinos are safe and reliable. They even employ a random number generator to keep games fair and random at all costs.