Bet the Bust Blackjack
Mr Blackjack shares the rules and gameplay behind bet the bust blackjack. Find out whether betting on the dealer busting will make you a winner in this game.
- The bet the bust blackjack table is a little more unusual compared to other blackjack variants we've discussed. Lesson 5, bet the bust blackjack. The game allows you to wager on the dealer busting and give you odds based on the dealer's up cards. The odds will be clearly listed on the table, and the payouts will range from 1 to 1 all the way to 3.5 to 1 if the dealer is showing an ace.
As you can see, the odds of busting with an ace are extremely unlikely. Thus, the casino gives you a 3.5 to 1 payout if the dealer busts. Keep that in mind when learning card counting. You will also note that if the dealer is showing a 4, 5, or 6, the payout is only 1 to 1. Given these are called bust cards, it's more likely the dealer will bust with this up card.
The gameplay is the same for bet the bust. The dealer hits on soft 17 and pays out blackjack at a rate of 3 to 2. You place your bet and receive both your cards. After the initial cards are dealt, you look at the dealer's up card and you can place a wager in the bet the bust circle. If the dealer busts, you win. You'll get paid according to the chart. If the dealer does not bust, you lose your bet. This is a fun variant and also gives you an insight on which cards are good for the dealer and which cards are bad for the dealer.
Hey, players, you can test what you've just learned with online gambling.com's free blackjack games. Hit the link to play now.
What this lesson covers
- How bet the bust blackjack works
- Your odds of winning this blackjack game
- Whether you should play bet the bust blackjack
Meet Mr Blackjack
With a career spanning two decades, Mathieu Blake knows his way around a blackjack table. He's taught and entertained over 100,000 subscribers on his YouTube channel NeverSplit10's . In this series he'll take you through basic strategy, card counting, and bankroll management. Take a seat with Mr Blackjack and become a winning player.
Want to learn more about Blackjack?
- What is bet the bust blackjack?
Casinos will offer bet the bust as a side bet or a blackjack variant. Effectively, you wager on whether the deal will bust in the game. The payouts vary depending on the dealer’s up-card.
- Are bet the bust and bust it the same wager in blackjack?
Bet the bust is wagering on whether the dealer will bust based on their initial up-card. Bust it is a side bet on the dealer busting on three cards.
- How do I play bet the bust blackjack?
In bet the bust, you follow all the rules and gameplay of regular blackjack. The only difference is when you see the dealer’s up-card and think they will bust, you add your wager onto the space in the felt. If the dealer busts, you will receive a payout that varies depending on the value of the dealer’s up-card.
- Why do the payouts vary so much in bet the bust blackjack?
The payouts are structured so they correlate to the probability of the dealer busting. A dealer is most likely to lose on bust cards (2-6) so the payouts are only 1:1 whereas the odds of busting with an Ace are low, so the payout is 3.5:1.
- Can I count cards in bet the bust blackjack?
It is possible to count cards in bet the bust blackjack, but be aware casinos may use other methods like continuous shufflers to avoid you capitalizing on any vulnerability in the dealer’s hands.
- How much should I wager on bet the bust blackjack?
Like any side bet, you must meet the minimum table limit to make the wager.
- How often does the dealer bust in blackjack?
Depending on the number of decks in play, the dealer busts around 28% of the time. Our blackjack odds guide offers more information on the dealer’s probability of busting.