Start Enjoying CS:GO Betting Online
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, or CS:GO, is one of the world’s most popular eSports of the past decade. Due to is popularity as an easy to understand and follow first-person-shooter (FPS) title, as well as it’s developer’s dedication to making it a premier competitive title, the market for eSports betting on CS:GO has flourished.
Whether you’re new to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive or are an avid supporter of Valve’s premier title, betting on CS:GO is simple and can be extremely lucrative. Read on for more information about the basics of the game, what wagers you can place and how to find the best CS:GO betting sites in 2020
The sites that we recommend are guaranteed to offer players:
- Safe betting at regulated and licensed betting sites
- Access to the best bonuses and promotions available
- Secure and convenient banking methods to suit all pockets
A Closer Look at CS:GO
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, more commonly referred to as CS:GO, is a purely multiplayer first-person-shooter (FPS) that focuses on objective-based gameplay. Teams of five players a side compete in matches lasting 15 rounds a half with the first team to win 16 rounds (unless in overtime) declared the winner.
Teams play as either “Terrorists”, whose goal is to arm one of two bombsites, or “Counter-Terrorists”, whose goal is to prevent the other team from arming the bombs or, if this fails, to disarm the bomb before it explodes. In order to win a round, a team can either kill every member of the opposing team and/or complete the map objective of arming/disarming the bomb.
Matches are played on a variety of different maps, selected from a competitive map-pool, with teams playing a “knife-round” at the start of the game to determine which maps are played in which order. Due to team’s using different strategies, and having different player strengths and weaknesses, they are often known to excel on certain maps more so than on others, adding a new layer the betting options.
What is CS:GO Betting?
Thanks to its similarities with traditional team-based sports, CS:GO betting works in much the same way as betting on mainstream team-based sports such as Basketball, Hockey or Football. Team A plays Team B in a win-lose-draw scenario so the betting follows the same structure as most traditional sports betting.
Getting started with CS:GO betting is just as simple. Simply choose a site from our recommended list of gambling sites that offer CS:GO, register, load up some credit and head over to the CS:GO tables (equipped with some knowledge of the game and betting systems) and start winning today.
Types of Bets
The most common types of CS:GO bets will be familiar to traditional sports bettors. These bet types include:
- Money-line Bets – the most common type of bet, money-line bets are simply bets placed on the result of a single match-up. The odds offered reflect the perceived strength of the team based on calculations performed by bookmakers. For example, a bet on Team A to beat Team B.
- Outright Bets – also known as “futures market” bets, outright bets do not focus on single-matches but rather on the overall outcome of the tournament. These bets can be placed on a team that is expected to win the tournament; or on which team will reach the final or even on which region the winner will be from e.g. USA.
- Accumulator Bets – also known as combo bets, accumulator bets are composed of several individual bets that, if all are won, will see their odds multiplied for a larger pay-out. An example would be two $5 bets placed on teams during group stage. Bet one, with odds of 1/2, states that Team A will beat Team B while bet two, with odds 2/5, states that Team C will lose to Team D. Should both of these predictions prove to be correct, the total profit would be $5 x (1/2 + 1) x (2/5 + 1) = $10.5
- Special Bets – these specialized bets are not recommended for beginners as they require more in-depth knowledge of both the game and the players than other bets. These bets are made on specific events that will happen within a game. Examples include specific map winners, correct scores, and total numbers of kills.
- In-play Bets – also known as live-bets, these are bets that are only placed once a match has started. Similar to special bets, these bets focus on specific areas of play such as individual player score or number of kills. An example would be placing a bet on Player B to say that he will achieve 5 frag kills in the match.
Fractional Odds & Calculating Pay-Outs
Just like in traditional sports betting, the most common way bookies express odds when it comes to CS:GO gambling is through fractional odds. These odds are calculated to take into account a variety of factors including, but not limited to, individual player’s performance within the team, a team’s prior results at both major and minor tournaments, and player form.
The “odds” refer to the likelihood, or chance, of a specific event happening e.g. the odds of Team A winning over Team B. These odds are expressed as a fraction, hence fractional odds.
The odds of a bet dictate how much that bet will pay-out and players can thus calculate their potential winnings with some easy math.
- Odds of 4/1 – for every $1 bet you will be paid out $4 for a win (i.e. favorable odds)
- Odds of 1/9 – for every $9 bet you will be paid out $1 for a win (i.e. unfavorable odds)
To work out your potential payouts you simply need to multiply the odds by your stake e.g. if you wager $5 on a game with odds 4/1 you will be paid out 4 x $5 = $20
Betting with In-Game Items: Skin Betting & CS:GO
eSports betting does include some rather unique ways to play. In video games, skin gambling refers to the use of virtual goods to create a market. These items have no actual impact on gameplay but rather affect the cosmetic appeal of various items.
CS:GO skins refer to cosmetic items that can be obtained through the opening of chests earned, or bought. These skins cover mostly weapons but can also include outfits such as gloves. As such, many of the bettors that partake in skin betting are players themselves looking to exchange skins they have found themselves for more appealing or more expensive skins. Skins values are dictated by their rarity.
The most popular form of skin gambling involves players using these skins as currency when betting on the outcome of matches. Users can bet up to $300 worth of items on a single match with winnings calculated based on the odds of matches.
Another popular method of skin-gambling which may seem familiar to online gamblers is public pot gambling. Bettors deposit skins into a shared pot as a short time limit counts down, marking the end of betting time. The system then randomly selects a winner based on everyone’s entries with the initial value of your skin dictating your odds of winning the pot (i.e. the higher value the skin you put in, the higher your odds of winning).
Making CS:GO Betting Work for You
Just like in traditional sports betting, making eSports betting work for you involves a little bit of dedication, skill as well as no small amount of luck. In order to get your CS:GO pot rolling, we have some handy tips and tricks that you should note of:
- Know the game as well as the players you are betting on
- Specialize in a single game, genre, or region – with eSports gaining traction across the globe, and regions gameplay varying in style, specializing in one area should lead to more success overall
- Bet selectively and objectively – do not bet on every event and don’t bet on your favorites just because they're your favorites
- Don’t only bet on or follow major events – smaller events often feature more enticing odds with better potential for underdog upsets
- Understand player form – research recent player and team form before placing bets
The Biggest Winners of the Year
Thanks to the popularity of CS:GO as an eSports, the lists of events in a single year is extensive. Here are just some of the top events of 2017, along with their winners:
- Intel Extreme Masters XII Oakland – Ninjas in Pyjamas
- ESL Pro League Season 6 – SK Gaming
- ELEAGUE CS:GO Premier 2017 – FaZe Clan
- ESL One: New York 2017 – FaZe Clan
- ESL One: Cologne 2017 – SK Gaming
- ESL Pro League Season 5 – G2 eSports
- Intel Extreme Masters XII Sydney – SK Gaming
- Intel Extreme Masters XI World Championship – Astralis
- WESG 2016 Finals – Team EnVyUs
- DreamHack Tours 2017 – G2 eSports
Top Players to Follow
When it comes to the top talent in the CS:GO scene, there are a few notable figures that stand out above the rest. These include:
- Richard “Xizt” Landstrom – In-game leader for Ninjas in Pyjamas. Achievements include 1st place at the Intel Extreme Masters XII Oakland, 1st place at DreamHack Valencia 2017, 1st place at Intel Extreme Masters XI Oakland
- Finn “karrigan” Andersen – In-game leader for FaZe Clan. Achievements include 1st place at the ELEAGUE CS:GO Premier 2017, 1st place at ESL One: New York 2017
- Gabriel “FalleN” Toledo – AWPer and In-game leader for SK Gaming. Achievements include 1st place at the ESL Pro League Season 6 Finals, 1st place at ESL One: Cologne 2017, 1st place at the Intel Extreme Masters XII Sydney
- Kenny “kennyS” Schrub – AWPer for G2 eSports. Achievements include 1st place at the DreamHack Masters Malmo 2017, 1st place at ESL Pro League Season 5 Finals, 1st place at DreamHack Tours 2017
- Fernando “fer” Alvarenga – Entry fragger for SK Gaming. Achievements include 1st place at the ESL Pro League Season 6 Finals, 1st place at ESL One: Cologne 2017, 1st place at the Intel Extreme Masters XII Sydney
Finding the Best Betting Sites is an Art
Due to the popularity of CS:GO betting in the eSports scene, the number of sites that offers betting is enormous. However, not every site that offers CS:GO betting is reputable or the best at offering players rewards and the best odds. That is why our experts have done the hard work in finding and vetting only top-class gambling sites that offer CS:GO betting.
The sites that we recommend are guaranteed to offer players:
- The widest range of betting options
- The best bonuses & promotions to build your bankroll
- Convenient & secure banking for peace of mind deposits and pay-outs
- Secure gambling at only licensed and regulated eSports betting sites
- Compatibility with most mobiles & tablets for easy gambling on the go
- 24/7 customer support for all your gaming enquiries
Start Winning with CS:GO Betting
eSports betting may not be the most familiar of sports betting options but it is certainly turning out to be one of the most lucrative. Now it's your chance to take the eSports betting scene by storm. Sign-up at your choice of one of our recommended gambling sites that offer CS:GO betting.
Whatever your needs, there is sure to be a site that suits you, so for a taste of what top-class betting sites can offer you be sure to sign-up and start winning today.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is CS:GO online betting?
CS:GO online betting involves wagering of either real money or in-game items on the outcome of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO) matches. Due to its similarities with other traditional team-based sports, online betting on CS:GO is simple and easy to learn and win.
How does CS:GO betting work?
Sports bettors that are familiar with traditional sports betting will be happy to learn that CS:GO betting works in a similar fashion to traditional sports betting such as betting on Football, Basketball, Hockey etc. Bookies calculate odds in a similar way to traditional sports and bettors are given a number of betting options to choose from including money-line bets, accumulators, outrights and in-line bets.
Are CS:GO betting sites rigged or fixed?
The most reputable betting sites, like the ones we recommend, are guaranteed to offer players odds that are not rigged or fixed for peace of mind playing. Don’t take a chance with your money, choose to play at only licensed and regulated online betting sites.
What is skin betting?
Skin betting or gambling refers to the use of virtual goods as the betting currency. In CS:GO, cosmetic items called skins are used as the currency. The most common type of skin gambling involves skin pots which allow players to deposit skins in a shared pot. Odds are calculated based on the value of the skin used as entry with higher valued, rare items holding more sway over the end result.
Can I win real money at a CS:GO betting site?
Yes! Just like with traditional sports betting, betting on CS:GO matches can be extremely lucrative. Thanks to the growing popularity of eSports betting, there are a number of online betting sites that allow players to place real money bets on CS:GO matches.
How are the odds worked out?
Bookmakers work out CS:GO odds in a similar fashion to the way they calculate other sports odds. Bookies look at a number of factors such as team performance in prior events, individual player performance, historical results against the same team and more in order to calculate the odds for CS:GO match-ups.
Which is the best eSports site for CS:GO betting?
Our gambling experts have done the hard work for you in choosing only top-class sites that offer CS:GO betting. These sites are not only licensed and regulated, and thus safe to play on, but they also offer the best bonuses and rewards, the widest range of betting options and the best odds on the market. Make the smart choice and choose from one of our recommended sites that offer CS:GO betting and start winning today.