How We Find the Best Serie A Sites
There is so much choice out there online for gambling on soccer, that it can be difficult to know where to begin. The recommended sportsbooks all featured here put Serie A betting and tips front and center of their football coverage.
This is what we suggest you look for in a top betting site for Italian league soccer:
- Committed to secure and responsible gambling
- Both Serie A outright odds and betting on all the matches
- Live betting so you can gamble when games are in-play
- Strong customer service options for when you need support
- Regular promotions that keep your betting interest in Italian soccer up
|How to Sign Up to a Serie A Betting Site|
What Types of Bonuses Can I Bet on Serie A with?
Promotions to keep you betting are an accepted part of the gambling industry. Whatever the gimmick and whether you’re a new or existing customer, different types of bettor are targeted by oddsmakers with bonuses and offers. Broadly speaking, here are the three main types available:
- Welcome bonus – For new customers only. This is the promotion you get for signing up and was probably the reason to join in the first place. A welcome offer is pretty much mandatory these days, but always check the terms and conditions to see if they’re as attractive as they appear.
- Price boosts – When there’s a big Serie A game on, some sportsbooks love to give enhanced odds away on the result or another popular betting market. These will be available to both new and existing customers. Limits may apply to the stake you can wager.
- VIP club – If you are a regular bettor and gamble a certain amount every week, then you’re incentivized to keep doing so by some sites through a VIP or “Free Bet” Club. Sportsbooks have recognized they need to reward customer loyalty and giving you something a little extra in the form of a bonus is their way of doing that.
An Introduction to Serie A Betting
How does betting on Serie A work? It’s no different to any other soccer league, but you may be new to gambling in general and want to understand a wager at its most basic level. This is what betting on Serie A winners of matches looks like:
- Juventus 1.67
- Draw 3.75
- AC Milan 3.50
As you can see, the odds on the outright match result between Juventus and AC Milan are expressed as decimals. You may also see them expressed in moneyline terms on US sportsbooks with pluses next to the underdog team and minuses by the favorites. In the UK and Ireland, betting odds are expressed as fractions instead.
Working through our example, Juventus are hot betting favorites to win at a price that means you win $4 for every $6 you stake. The decimal price 1.67 becomes fractional odds of 4/6.
Milan, meanwhile, are outsiders in the betting. For every $2 wagered on them, you would win $5 leaving you with a total return of $7. That 3.50 price becomes 5/2 as a fraction. Betting on a tie here would be a win of $11 for every $4 staked, hence why 3.75 when expressed as a fraction is 11/4.
The reassuring thing about odds types are that most sportsbooks nowadays let you decide how you want to see prices. Whatever you’re used to, make sure you adjust your account setting so the way things are expressed is familiar to you and you’re comfortable with before betting.
Types of Serie A Bet to Take
Betting on Serie A has developed well beyond just who will win matches on any given day. Like other top soccer leagues, there are a whole host of markets to gamble on if you want. Check out this neat summary of some of the most popular:
- Goalscorer markets – Who will score the first goal, or next goal, or last goal? Will a soccer player score anytime in the match, or even more than once? You can bet on all of these possibilities and even on an own goal or no goals being scored.
- Correct score – What will the exact scoreline between two teams be at the final whistle? There’s lots of permutations here, everything from 0-0 to 5-5 or 6-0 and beyond is usually priced up by oddsmakers.
- Wincasts and scorecasts – You can combine which team you think will win the match and an anytime goalscorer into one bet, called a wincast. You can do the same with the correct score market and anytime scorer, that’s known as a scorecast.
- Accumulators – Also known as accas for short, this is where you bet on several teams to win their respective matches all in one wager. The odds are multiplied together, meaning the more legs to the bet the bigger the potential return.
- Handicap betting – Sometimes called Asian handicaps, this is where you bet on the underdogs to hang on to an imaginary advantage or the favorites to overturn a deficit where the threshold is set by the bookmakers. If you give a team a head-start of +2 goals and they lose 1-0, then that bet has covered the handicap.
- Serie A outright odds – Which team will win the league that particular season? This is an ante post or futures market that stays live until the champions of Italy are crowned.
- Top 4 finish – A market for teams to finish the current or next season in the top four places of the Serie A table. Clubs that end in those places will enter the UEFA Champions League for the following campaign.
- Serie A top scorer betting – Who will score the most goals in the current or upcoming season? You may be able to bet each-way up to four places (and a quarter of the outright odds) with some sportsbooks on this market.
Betting Live on Serie A
As mobile and digital devices have developed, sports betting has become revolutionized by them and more sophisticated as a result. You can now gamble on soccer like Serie A while games are actually happening. It’s called live betting.
Also known as in-play betting, it’s brought about entire new markets like next team to score and next goalscorer. How cool is that? You could actually bet live on a Serie A soccer game in the San Siro or Stadio Olimpico if you visit Italy.
Serie A Betting on Mobile
With online gambling proving more popular than ever, and the fact most of us carry smartphones or tablets around with us nowadays, the betting industry has had to become mobile friendly. Provided you can get an internet connection, you’re able to place wagers anytime, anyplace, anywhere.
Sports betting apps that are free to download from popular sportsbooks are designed to sync with Android and iOS devices in particular. If you’ve got a Blackberry or Windows Phone, then don’t worry. The mobile version of the sportsbook can easily be accessed via your web browser. Sports betting on Serie A soccer is a truly mobile experience now.
Competition Format and Structure
How does a Serie A season work? If you’ve wondering about the competition and its format, here are our top 10 facts about Italy’s premier soccer league:
- Serie A is made up of 20 teams who each play one another home and away in a season
- That means there are 38 games in the campaign
- The team that picks up the most points in a season are crowned champions
- There are 3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw and 0 for a loss
- The Serie A title is called the Scudetto in Italian
- Three teams with the fewest points at the end of the season are directly relegated to Serie B
- Serie B’s top two teams are automatically promoted to Serie A for the following season, while playoffs are held between the teams in that second tier that finished between third and eighth for the final spot
- Teams that finish second, third or fourth join the Serie A winners in the following season’s UEFA Champions League
- The teams that finish fifth and six will contest the UEFA Europa League in the following season
- Players in Serie A can be co-owned by more than one team. This makes transfer negotiations unique among Europe’s top leagues
A Brief Serie A History Lesson
Founded in 1898, Serie A adopted its current round robin format in 1929. It is one of the oldest leagues in world soccer. Prior to that, it had regional and inter-regional rounds. Serie A has always contained at least 16 teams but settled on 20 from 2004 onwards.
Match-fixing scandals have reared their ugly head in Italian soccer more than once. Their national team, the Azzurri, managed to win a fourth World Cup in 2006 in the wake of major league corruption that saw Juventus stripped of the title and relegated from Serie A.
Italian football has always been an attractive destination for some of South American soccer’s stars. Brazil legend Cafu and Argentina counterpart Javier Zanetti, who was part of the Inter Milan side that won a historic Champions League, Coppa Italia and Serie A treble under Jose Mourinho in 2010, are examples.
This league has been home to some of the all-time soccer greats. Three of Serie A’s top six appearance makers are goalkeepers: Dino Zoff, Gianluca Pagliuca and Gianluigi Buffon are all icons of their own eras. AC Milan great Paolo Maldini holds the record for most appearances in the league with 647 outings over almost 25 years.
Just seven players have scored 200 goals or more in Serie A history. They are headed by interwar striker Silvio Piola. Roma legend Francesco Totti is second on this list and the third highest appearance maker.
Time to Place Your Serie A Bets
You’ve seen how gambling works for Serie A betting and our tips for finding the best places to put your wagers on. It’s time to have some fun and start staking!
Whatever your betting strategy is, there’s a sportsbook to suit you. Only the very best places to gamble on Serie A feature among our recommended sites, so why not visit one today and get a slice of the dolce vita!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Serie A?
It’s Italian football’s equivalent of the MLS or English Premier League. The top division of soccer in Italy.
What are the best sites for Serie A betting?
You’re in luck. Only the top sportsbooks that offer the best gambling experiences and Serie A prices feature among our list of recommended betting sites. Check them out on this page!
What are the most popular Serie A bets?
Some popular wagers placed on Serie A are match odds and others outright. If you want to bet on a game, then the match result, goalscorer markets, handicap betting and accumulators are things to look out for. On the outright front, the Serie A top scorer betting and who will win the league are among the popular markets enjoyed by bettors.
Can I bet on mobile?
Absolutely. Simply download a sports betting app from the sportsbook you use for free. These are designed to be compatible with iOS and Android operating systems. If your device is a Blackberry or Windows Phone, then you can always use your web browser to find the mobile friendly version of the betting site you gamble through.
What is Serie A live betting?
This is where you place bets on a Serie A soccer game as it is happening live. It’s also called in-play betting.