2020’s Best Fantasy Basketball Betting Sites
With fast, furious and high-scoring action, basketball is a perfect fit for DFS sports betting. And these days, NBA fantasy basketball is growing just as quickly as its more-established NFL and MLB cousins on all the best fantast sports betting sites.
If you’ve never tried daily fantasy sports before, this page is a great place to start. We’ll go over the basics of how daily fantasy basketball betting works and we’ll also show you the best sites to use for NBA DFS betting.
Keep reading to learn more about:
- The best sites with the biggest bonuses.
- How to play and bet on fantasy basketball.
- Joining a league and drafting a team.
- Rake free
- Features a rewarding referral program
- Flexible line-ups
- Missing some popular sports
- Restrictions on bonuses
- Number of line-ups capped
- Banking options (5)
- Banking options (5)
Why Fantasy Draft?
"As one of the biggest sports betting sites in the US, Fantasy Draft attracts a lot of serious sports betting fans, who find the site easy to use and fast to process bets and winnings."
How Does Fantasy Basketball Gambling Work?
The rules of NBA fantasy basketball betting and online gambling are very similar to those found in most forms of daily fantasy sports. Participants are given a salary cap from which they must recruit eight players each game day, with rosters needing to include players from at least two teams and two separate games.
Let’s go through the most important concepts point by point to make sure they’re clear:
- Each eight-player roster must include three guards (one point, one shooting and one optional), three forwards (one small, one power and one optional), one centre and one utility player, who can be fielded in any position.
- Your players score or lose points for a number of specific in-game actions.
- At most fantasy betting sites, players earn offensive points for baskets, successful three-point shots, rebounds and assists.
- Defensive points are earned with blocks and interceptions.
- Huge bonuses may also be awarded for players that hit double digits in two or categories in one game.
- Bonuses are usually limited to one per player.
As with all daily fantasy games, scores can be tracked in-play on your chosen fantasy sports betting site, with most offering downloadable apps for online gambling on iPhone iPad or Android smartphones and tablets.
How to Sign Up and Create a Team
You can spend years working on advanced strategies but the first steps, joining a fantasy sports site and drafting a team, are quick and easy. If you started now you could be playing in just a few minutes.
Follow these steps to make sure you don’t run into any snags.
- Visit our list of recommended sites and choose the one that’s best for you. Different sites offer different bonuses depending on when you sign up and we always guarantee the best possible bonus.
- Next, register a new account by providing some basic personal information and choosing a screen name. All our recommended sites have top-of-class security so your information will always be protected.
- If you want to play for real money right away, choose a banking option and make your first deposit. This is when you will receive your welcome bonus.
- Choose the sport and league you want and pick the kind of contest. You can choose the buy-in you’re most comfortable with and decide how many opponents you want to go up against.
- Draft your team by selecting the best players you can find that come in under the salary cap. It’s a good idea to check out the site’s scoring system to make sure you’re getting valuable players.
- Follow the game and track your points in real time on the website or mobile app. If your players out-perform your opponent’s team, you win.
What Events Can You Bet On?
In terms of fantasy basketball betting, you can bet on every single game of the NBA season, the playoffs and of course the NBA Championships.
With 30 teams that each play 82 games just in the regular season, there’s no shortage of action to bet on with NBA fantasy gambling.
A lot of players also wonder if you can really make money playing fantasy sports. The answer is a resounding yes. Like most things in life there’s no guarantee of success but there are definitely tons of people who have turned a profit gambling on fantasy sports.
|NBA Fantasy Betting Quick Tips|
Get Out and Bet on Mobile
These days there’s no reason to be stuck on your computer when you want to make fantasy sports bets, draft players or track your points during a game.
All the best sites have mobile-friendly websites and fantasy betting apps that make it easy to do everything on the go using your smartphone or tablet.
It doesn’t matter whether you use iOS or Android devices, the latest fantasy sports technology works seamlessly on a wide range of popular mobile devices.
Zero Deposit, Zero Risk
Lots of people are dying to try out DFS basketball for the first time but they don’t feel comfortable depositing real money to do it. That’s totally understandable and luckily there’s a great solution: Free fantasy basketball betting.
- Sign up and take part in contests absolutely free.
- Just register a new account and look for the free options.
- Sites usually run a free weekly contest in each of the major sports.
- The best part is you can actually win real money prizes for free.
NBA Fantasy Scoring
The players you draft to your team score points by performing offensive and defensive actions on the court. Remember, each fantasy betting site has its own scoring system so make sure to familiarize yourself with it before you pick your players.
To give you a general idea, check out the basketball scoring system from FanDuel.com.
- 3-point FG: 3pts
- 2-point FG: 2pts
- Free throw: 1pt
- Rebound: 1.2pts
- Assist: 1.5pts
- Block: 3pts
- Steal: 3pts
- Turnover: -1pt
Take Your Basketball Action to the Next Level
If you already enjoy watching basketball games regularly for the sport alone, NBA fantasy betting may be the perfect way to add a little extra spice to something you already love.
The scoring in NBA fantasy basketball is also simpler than many of the other fantasy sports betting games in online gambling, making it a great entry point for new players. When you do decide the time’s right to take a crack at it, make sure to visit one of our recommended sites for the absolute best experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does fantasy basketball betting work?
Basketball fantasy betting involves drafting your own unique team of NBA players who score points for you based on completing plays on the court like 3-pointers, free throws and assists. You compete against other fantasy players for real money on sites like FanDuel.com and DraftKings.com.
What online fantasy basketball leagues can I bet on?
Betting is available on both the NBA and the WNBA.
Are fantasy basketball betting sites trustworthy?
All the sites we recommend are guaranteed to be trustworthy. Our experts look into the site’s reputation, licenses and business practices to make sure it’s safe for our readers to use.
Can I bet on fantasy basketball on my mobile or tablet?
Yes. All our recommended sites are available on your smartphone and tablet via your internet browser or a dedicated mobile app.
What kinds of bets can I place?
There are lots of different kinds of contests you can enter. Some have thousands of players while others are just you and one other opponent. You can also choose how much you want to bet and how long the contest lasts.
What are the best fantasy basketball betting sites?
FanDuel.com and DraftKings.com are the two most popular fantasy sports betting sites. Other big sites include FantasyDraft.com and Yahoo! Sports.