Fantasy Sports Site Guides
Fantasy Sports Strategy Guides
How Does Fantasy Sports Gambling Work?
Chances are you’re at least a little familiar with fantasy sports but even if you’re a stone-cold rookie, you won’t have any problems picking it up.
Let’s go through the basic concepts behind fantasy sports point by point to make it really clear:
- After you join a site and pick a sport, you must draft your own team of professional athletes from a specific sport and league.
- It could be the NHL, the NBA or the NFL. Fantasy leagues are available in all the most popular major sports.
- Your players earn points based on performing certain actions like a touchdown in football or a home run in baseball, for example.
- You compete against other fantasy sports gamblers in contests that last a specific amount of time, like a day or a week.
- The team that earns more points wins the game and the cash.
There are tons of different formats including huge fields of thousands of players all the way to individual heads-up matches against just one other player. The buy-ins also range from completely free all the way to high stakes.
How to Join a Fantasy Sports League and Create a Team
There are a few stages to getting up and running betting on fantasy sports including signing up to a site, making a deposit, choosing your sport and contest and then drafting a team of players.
Let’s go through it step by step to make sure the process goes smoothly.
- First choose the site that you like best from our fantasy sports reviews. Use our list to make sure you get the best bonus available at the exact time you sign up.
- Register a new account and provide some basic personal information including a screen name.
- Browse all the sports and choose the one you want to play. The major sites offer fantasy betting in all major pro sports.
- Choose the kind of contest you want to play. There are lots of options in terms of stakes, the number of opponents you’ll play against and the length of time the contest lasts.
- Draft your team by choosing from available players in that league. Focus on picking the highest-performing players while staying within the salary cap.
- Watch the games and track your team’s points on the website using your computer, smartphone or tablet. If your players perform better than your opponent’s, you win.
What Fantasy Sports Can You Bet On?
The major fantasy sports betting sites available in the US have a huge list of options as far as what sports you can bet on, including:
- Football (NFL)
- Baseball (MLB)
- Ice Hockey (NHL)
- Golf (PGA)
|Top Tips for Fantasy Sports Betting|
Mobile Fantasy Sports Betting
Today’s cutting-edge mobile technology and fantasy sports betting are a match made in heaven. No longer are you stuck on your computer when you want to make bets or track your team’s points while you’re watching the game.
Nowadays all the top-rated fantasy sports betting sites have mobile-friendly websites you can access using the internet browser on your smartphone or tablet, plus dedicated mobile apps that give you even more functionality when you’re playing on the go.
You can play fantasy sports for real money on iOS and Android devices including iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy, Note, Galaxy Tab, Google Pixel 2, Huawei P20 Pro and many more of the most popular mobile devices.
Free Fantasy Sports Betting
If you’re dying to try fantasy sports betting but either don’t have or don’t want to risk real money to play, don’t worry. There are tons of awesome options to start playing for free right now. Even better, you can actually win cash prizes without investing a cent.
Some of the perks of playing for free include:
- Free weekly contests in most major sports.
- Learn how the site and games work without depositing.
- Develop your skills and try out new strategies with zero risk.
- Win real money to start your bankroll.
Find the Best DFS Betting Sites Now
Now that you know the basics, it’s time to get in the game. You can sign up and play for free at one of our top-rated DFS sites and rest easy knowing that if you do decide to deposit, you’re guaranteed the best welcome bonus available.
Check out our reviews right now to see who’s offering the best deal at the moment and get ready to take your sports action to the next level.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does fantasy sports betting work?
It varies slightly from sport to sport but generally fantasy sports involves drafting your own unique team of professional athletes who earn points based on how well they play during the time of your contest.
Your team competes against other DFS players’ teams for real money in contests ranging from massive fields of thousands of players all the way down to head-to-head matches.
What is daily fantasy sports (DFS) betting?
Daily fantasy sports originally referred to contests that would last just one game or one day, instead of the season-long fantasy leagues that have been around since the 1960s. Nowadays, however, DFS also refers to contests and leagues that last longer than one day.
What fantasy sports can I bet on?
The major DFS sites offer most major sports including baseball, football, basketball, ice hockey, soccer, golf, NASCAR, MMA and eSports. Check your site to see exactly what they offer.
Can I trust fantasy sports sites?
All the sites we recommend are 100% trustworthy. We investigate the reputation and licenses of the sites we review to make sure they are safe and secure for our readers to use.
What are the best fantasy sports sites to bet on?
The two biggest DFS sites are FanDuel.com and DraftKings.com. Other big sites include FantasySports.com and Yahoo! Sports.
Is fantasy sports betting legal?
Fantasy sports betting is considered legal in the vast majority of states since US courts have deemed it to be a game of skill. In a small handful of states the rules are less clear and the big DFS sites have decided not to offer their services there. Check out our interactive map to see which states qualify.
Can I bet on fantasy sports on my mobile or tablet?
Absolutely. Nowadays all the best fantasy sports sites allow you to play on your smartphone or tablet either in-browser or using a downloadable app.