StarCraft II Betting Guide
The sequel to the title that is seen by many as the kick-starter to the eSports scene, StarCraft II (SC2) is a real-time strategy game set in deep space. Having set the tone for the scene with the original StarCraft, Blizzard Entertainment built SC2 to focus on the competitive aspects of gaming, resulting in one of the best produced eSports titles of our time.
We’re here to guide you through the basics of StarCraft betting, as well as point in the direction of the best sites that offer SC2 betting in 2021. When choosing to play at one of our recommended sites you are guaranteed:
- The best bonuses and rewards for playing
- The biggest range of games and betting options
- Secure, convenient and fast deposits and withdrawals
Best StarCraft II Betting Sites
- Regular coverage of popular sports
- Offers a mobile app
- High-quality software
- Limited live chat support
- Few promotions and rewards
- very few banking options
- Banking options (5)
- Banking options (5)
Yahoo Fantasy Sports review
Yahoo Fantasy Sports comes with a top-notch platform that supports plenty of sports, including NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL. The fantasy system is legit and fair, giving users the chance to put their skills to the test in daily and season-long leagues. With a rich schedule and various contest types, all interested players will find something perfect on the site. Furthermore, award-winning apps for iOS and Android can make sure that you never miss a draft again!Read all review
- Free join and participate
- real prizes awarded weekly
- User-friendly interface
- Only covers Premier League
- No option to play in leagues for real money
- Customer support is by email only
Fantasy Premier League review
The Premier League offers an official fantasy platform powered by EA Sports. Players can sign up for free and take part in the full season or compete against friends in private leagues. A combination of features and an unmatched coverage of the games make this the best option for football (soccer) fans. Not only that, but the top managers can win actual prizes for their efforts!Read all review
What is StarCraft II?
A science-fiction real-time strategy title developed and released by gaming giants Blizzard Entertainment, StarCraft II is the sequel to the 1998 game that truly launched the eSports scene, with the associated eSports league and tournament structure setting the bar for many games to come.
The game itself is renowned for both its extensive single-player campaign, which is broken into three purchasable sections, as well as its extremely competitive multiplayer mode. Each single-player campaign follows the story of one of the three main races that exist in the StarCraft universe. The first campaign, called Wings of Liberty, focused on the Terran (humans). The second campaign, Heart of the Swarm, saw players take on the role of one of the Zerg, a race of completely alien species with few redeeming features that are intent on the destruction of all other races.
The final main chapter in the story saw players control the Protoss, an alien race on a mission to save what is left of the universe. Each campaign gives players access to different and new technology and units, with those units then unlocked in the multiplayer mode of the game.
The first campaign, Wings of Liberty, was released in 2010 with players waiting 3 years for the next expansion, Heart of the Swarm, The final official chapter finally released in 2015, five years after the saga started. Due to this release schedule, Blizzard Entertainment ensured that their multiplayer mode was always fresh, with new units, strategies, modes and overall improvements to the game and systems being released alongside each expansion. It is thanks to these expansions that the eSports scene truly has continued to thrive for SC2.
A Battle of Wit & Skill: StarCraft Multiplayer
The multiplayer aspect of StarCraft 2 features a number of different modes, catering for a range of tastes, however the professional scene is dominated by the 1v1 mode with competitive in the StarCraft II World Championship Series being the ultimate goal of professional players.
This Blizzard created and managed league runs throughout the year, featuring different leader boards for each region of the world that are supported. Players earn points on their regional leader boards for the chance to earn invitations to play at WCS sanctioned events. Players can earn the most points by being successful at these tournaments, although there have been players that have reached the top 16 without winning any of the additional events during the year.
At the end of the season, the top 16 players in the world are invited to compete at the Global Finals held at BlizzCon where they get the chance to lift the StarCraft II trophy as well as the lion’s share of the $700,000 prize pool.
StarCraft 2 Betting Online
When Blizzard created the original StarCraft game, no-one could imagine that almost 20 years later players would still be playing their game. Even with the popularity of StarCraft II, there is a thriving SC1 industry with tournaments held regularly around the world. Add in the popularity of the sequel to the mix and you have some of the best betting opportunities available in any eSport.
Due to the format of the professional scene, which focuses on 1v1 matches, bets are placed on individual players rather than teams, making for easier research into player form, past results and more.
Thanks to this thriving industry, betting on StarCraft II is one of the easiest ways to win with eSports betting, and getting started has never been easier. Simply choose a site that offers SC2 betting, register, make your first deposit and start winning today.
StarCraft 2 Bet Types
While eSports betting may seem strange the fact is that it is very similar to traditional sports betting, even down to the types of bet you can place. The most common bets include:
- Money-line Bets – the most common kind of bet these are simply bets placed on who will win in a single match-up. An example will be a wager placed that Player 1 will beat Player 2.
- Outright Bets – also known as “future market bets” these bets do not look at individual results but rather tournament results. Types of outright bets include wagers on who will be the winner of the entire tournament; which region the winner will be from or even on which two players will reach the final.
- Accumulator Bets – also known as combo bets, accumulator bets are composed of several individual bets that, should they all be successful, will have their odds multiplied together to result in a higher overall pay-out. An example would be 2 $5 bets placed on players in the group stage.
- Special Bets – as the name suggests, special bets focus on specialized aspects of the game rather than just on the overall result of a match. These types of bets typically require a more in-depth knowledge of the game to be successful. Examples of special bets may be a wager that Player 1 will create 20 worker units or Player 2 will use a Roach-based strategy
- In-play Bets – also known as live-bets, are a kind of special bet that can only be placed while a match is in process. This may be a wager to say that Player 1 will win the best-of-three on a specific map or that Player 2 will set up a second base in a specific area of the map.
The amount of money you can win through various bets is dependent on one of the most important aspects of betting you should know: fractional odds.
Fractional Odds: How to Read Them & Win
Just like in traditional sports betting, the most common way bookies express SC2 odds is through the use of fractional odds. Odds can be seen as the “chance” of a certain event happening, such as Player 1 beating Player 2, and are calculated by bookies in order to give a representation of what wagers on that player will pay-out. Bookies take into account a number of factors when calculating odds including, but not limited to, player performance in prior events, current win-rate, current player form and more.For example, Player 1 is taking on Player 2. The bookmaker puts out odds of 4/1 which means that over four matches, Player 1 is likely to only win a single match. These are favorable odds for the bettor as, if Player 1 is successful (against the odds) they will receive a higher pay-out than if they wagered on Player 2. Let’s take a look at some other examples:
- Odds of 9/1 – for every $1 bet you will be paid out $9 for a win (i.e. favorable odds)
- Odds of 1/9 – for every $9 bet you will be paid out $1 for a win (i.e. unfavorable odds)
Thanks to this simple format, working out potential payouts is easy and requires only a small amount of math. For example, if you wager $5 on a game with odds 9/1, your potential pay-out will be 9 x $5 = $45
StarCraft 2 Betting Tips
Betting is a fine art, one that is learned through experience and which rewards players who put effort into their research and skill at choosing their bets carefully. Whether you are just getting started with eSports betting or are an old-hand at it, here are some tips and tricks for real money betting:
- Specialize as much as possible – choose a region, tournament circuit or other smaller subsection of the game and focus on that area. This will mean less research for you and ultimately more informed wagers are the best kind.
- Bet selectively and objectively – you don’t need to wager on every game: place informed wagers on matches you are confident about and always bet with your head (even if your favorite player is up next).
- Don’t stick to major events – small events often feature the biggest upsets so can contribute to your bankroll in a way majors cannot.
- Understand player form – don’t always back the same player, regardless of his past achievements. Players cannot always maintain the same form so research recent results before placing your next wager.
The Season’s Biggest Winners
Thanks to the popularity of StarCraft II as an eSport, the SC2 calendar is jam-packed with events that offer players and bettors the chance to win big. Some of the biggest events of the season (and their winners) include:
- 2017 WCS Global Finals – Lee “Rogue” Byung Ryul
- 2017 WCS Montreal – Alex “Neeb” Sunderhaft
- 2017 WCS Jönköping - Alex “Neeb” Sunderhaft
- 2017 WCS Valencia – Mikolaj “Elazer” Ogonowski
- 2017 WCS Austin - Alex “Neeb” Sunderhaft
- 2017 GSL vs the World – Lee “INnoVation” Shin Hyung
- IEM Season XII Shanghai – Lee “Rogue” Byung Ryul
- IEM Season XI World Championship – Jun “TY” Tae Yang
- World Electronic Sports Games 2016 - Jun “TY” Tae Yang
Find the Best SC2 Betting Sites
You may think that, thanks to the SC2 betting scene already being a well-established part of the industry, finding a good site to place bets at is easy however, that is not the case. As the popularity of eSports betting grows so does the number of sites that offer sub-bar services, unsafe banking and other unsavory practices sure to put you off future betting. That is why our experts have done the hard work for you in finding and recommending only first-class sites.
The sites we recommend are guaranteed to offer players:
- The widest range of games and betting options
- The biggest rewards and bonuses for playing
- Secure, fast and reliable banking through a range of payment options
- Safe gambling at only regulated and licensed sites
- Mobile compatibility to the biggest range of devices
- 24/7 customer service for all your gaming enquiries
The SC2 Universe Awaits: Start Winning Today
StarCraft has garnered itself a reputation as one of the premier eSports of our generation, having paved for players to finally start living out their dreams of being paid to be professional gamers. We’ve broken down the basics of this award-winning RTS title, gone into what bets you can place and even found the best sites that offer SC2 betting in 2021. Now is your chance to start winning with StarCraft.
Choose from our carefully selected list of recommended sites, vetted to guarantee the best possible gambling experience, register an account, make your first deposit, and start building your bankroll today.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is StarCraft II?
StarCraft II is a real-time strategy game with a highly developed eSports scene. Sequel to the game that launched eSports into a viable option for both players and investors, the franchise represents one of the longest running eSports titles with a following both committed to its continuation and developers that are focused on keeping the title fresh, competitive and rewarding to players and bettors alike.
How can I place bets on StarCraft II games?
With an already huge betting scene, and access to a number of experts to help you along in the betting process, getting started with SC2 online betting has never been easier. On your end, simply choose from one of our recommended sites that offer StarCraft 2 betting, register, deposit some credit and head over to the betting field.
Can I win real money with eSports gambling?
Yes, betting on eSports is rapidly growing in popularity as it gives bettors the chance to earn real money while watching games that they enjoy. In addition to real money rewards, many of the best sites offer players the chance to play for free, giving them access to the thrills of gambling without the risk.
What types of bets can I wager?
Just like in traditional sports betting there are a number of bets that can be wagered in SC2. These include accumulators, money-line bets, special bets, in-play wagers and more. Whatever your betting style there is sure to be something for you.
How do the odds work for StarCraft II betting?
Odds for SC2 work in a similar way to traditional sports odds. The odds of a match-up are calculated by bookies based on a number of factors including, but not limited to, previous match results, current player form and more. These odds are commonly displayed as fractional odds.
Will I receive an eSports welcome bonus?
By choosing to play at one of our recommended sites that offer SC2 betting you are guaranteed access to the juiciest welcome bonuses and other rewards just for playing.
Which online gambling site is the best for StarCraft II betting?
Our gambling experts have done the hard work for you in finding and recommending top-class online gambling sites that offer SC2 betting. Trust us to supply you with the best odds, biggest rewards and safes online gambling experience in 2021.