OnlineGambling.com is committed to responsible gambling.
We view gambling as a legitimate form of entertainment, as do millions of other recreational gamblers from around the world. When enjoyed responsibly by consenting adults, online gambling is an unparalleled entertainment option - offering the thrill of competition from the comfort of your home, along with the friendship and support of a global player community.
However, while most players share our view and enjoy gambling reponsibly, we realize that a small percentage players might be underage or might have allowed gambling to assume too large a role in their life.
Being a responsible online gambling website means being an active part of a larger community and it's values.
That's why OnlineGambling.com is dedicated to limiting access by minors and controlling compulsive gambling. On every page of our website you will see the 'Over 18 Only' notification, links to responsible gambling information websites, and a link to this page. We encourage our visitors to be aware of the resources and recommendations detailed below.
Limiting Access by Minors
Due to the nature of the internet, we cannot physically check a website visitor's age or prevent them from accessing our website. However parents can prevent their children from accessing gambling websites in the following ways.
- Use child protection software or monitor the websites your children visit - we recommend Net Nanny.
- Parents should keep their credit card or e-wallet information secure.
- Do not use the 'save password' feature on any installed gaming sotware.
- Create separate profiles for children on your home PCs.
- Gambling should be seen as entertainment and not as a means of making money.
- It is best to look at gambling as spending on entertainment, and do not chase your losses. View any win as a bonus.
- Only gamble what you can afford to lose.
- Keep track of the time and amount of money you spend gambling.
- Seek help if you think you or someone you know needs help with compulsive gambling.
- Make use of the self exclusion and spending limit tools offered by online gambling operators.
Controlling Compulsive Gambling
Compulsive gambling benefits no one, not even an online gaming website. The key to controlling compulsive gambling is through education and support from friends and family members.
While the majority of people do gamble within their means, for some it can spiral out of control. In order to help you keep control, we would like our visitors to remember the following.
Further Responsible Gambling Information
We recommend the following websites if you seek further information and help regarding responsible gambling.
Gamblers Anonymous International
Perhaps the most famous international help organisation.
The UK's top responsible gambling body.
Responsible Gambling Council
Based in Canada, with many responsible gambling resources available.
- Worldwide Online Gambling Wagers to Hit $1 Trillion Over Next Five Years
- Pennsylvania Online Gambling Law Passes State House as Legislature Looks for Revenue
- Las Vegas Sportsbooks React to Tom Brady’s Court Decision and Steph Curry’s Injury
- Pennsylvania Sees Third Online Gambling Bill Introduced This Year
- RAWA Hearing Witness Testimony Creates Big House Edge