Texas Hold'em is the most popular form of poker both on and off line. However the explosion in popularity of hold'em can be put down to the internet poker room. If you are ready to play now visit one of our top ranked online poker rooms. The best part about these rooms is they accept all players!
Top 5 Online Poker
If you're not quite ready to take on other players from around the globe, then maybe you would be best suited to the large range of casino poker games. In casino poker, the player only has to beat the dealer to turn a profit. Some of the most popular casino poker varieties include:
- Casino Holdem: Beat the dealer and get paid more for better hands
- Ten High Hold'em: Much the same as Casino Hold'em, except players earn massive bonuses for hands which include a ten.
- Mulligan Poker: In Mulligan Poker you are dealt five cards. Players then have the option of keeping their hand or calling Mulligan and getting five new cards. The dealer will also be able to take a mulligan if they have king high or lower. Beat the dealer and win.
- Pai Gow Poker: In Pai Gow you are dealt seven cards. Players then make two hands. A two card hand a five card hand. Both these hands go heads up against the dealer, with the player able to win both, tie and lose both.
- Caribbean Stud Poker (Progressive): Player is dealt 5 cards. Different hands have a different pay rate, but if you can get a royal flush you will pocket the progressive jackpot.
You can play casino poker at any one of the following online casinos.
Best Online Casinos
Texas Hold'em is the thinking man's poker. In Draw Poker (which was popular before hold'em) players can only bet twice. In Texas Hold'em players are able to bet four times, meaning there is more room for strategy.
Texas Hold'em was originally (of course) from Texas. However the game gained a foot-hold in the Vegas casinos thanks to poker pioneers Crandell Addington, Doyle Brunson and Amarillo Slim. After gaining this foot-hold in Vegas, Texas Hold'em quickly became recognized as the favoured game of the poker professional and in 1971 to first ever WSOP Main Event was held and Texas Hold'em was officially THE poker game.
There are three forms of Texas Hold'em, and while the game play is identical, the difference comes down to the betting.
No Limit Texas Hold'em
As the name suggest in No Limit there is no maximum amount a player can bet. A player can bet all of their chips at any time.
Pot Limit Texas Hold'em
In Pot Limit a player can only bet a maximum of what is already in the pot. Pot limit is a good choice for those players who enjoy the excitement of big bets, but don't like the idea of risking their entire stack on one hand.
Limit Texas Hold'em
In Limit Hold'em a player can only bet the specified table limit. There are always two limits given on limit tables. An example is $1/$2. This means that a player can bet $1 on the first two rounds of betting and $2 in the second two rounds.