Hearthstone eSports Betting Online
Hearthstone, a free-to-play collectable card video game, was released by Blizzard Entertainment in March 2014. They have 70 million players enjoying the game worldwide, and a growing eSports fandom as well. With tons of tournaments all year round, there are plenty of opportunities to win big with eSports betting.
In this guide, we'll explain everything that you need to know about how Hearthstone works and where you can bet on the games, as well as:
- The types of bets you can make on Hearthstone
- How the odds work in Hearthstone betting
- Names to watch in competitive Hearthstone
- Rake free
- Features a rewarding referral program
- Flexible line-ups
- Missing some popular sports
- Restrictions on bonuses
- Number of line-ups capped
- Banking options (5)
- Banking options (5)
Why Fantasy Draft?
"As one of the biggest sports betting sites in the US, Fantasy Draft attracts a lot of serious sports betting fans, who find the site easy to use and fast to process bets and winnings."
What is Hearthstone?
Hearthstone is a collectable card video game built on the lore of World of Warcraft, developed by Blizzard Entertainment. It is a turn-based game between two players, where players take on the role of one of nine different classes such as warrior, rogue or mage. These different classes have unique cards and abilities to differentiate them.
Both players use a deck of cards created from their collection of virtual cards with the goal of defeating their opponent. Card types include minions, abilities, and weapons. Players can collect cards by completing quests, defeating opponents, and generally playing the game. While Hearthstone is free-to-play, avid players can choose to pay for extra card packs in the hopes of getting additional rare or legendary cards to boost their decks.
In top end tournaments, Hearthstone can take on a 3v3 format, with a team of three deciding together on a course of action against another team of three players. However, the core gameplay is still with two opponents and two decks. Most Hearthstone is still played in a 1v1 version of the game, and players are generally more high profile than the teams that they play for.
How Does Hearthstone eSports Betting Work?
Thanks to its popularity, as well as the fact that it was designed with eSports in mind, Hearthstone quickly became a staple on the competitive eSports circuit. High-level tournaments feature prize pools of up to $1 million and professional players can make a living streaming gameplay on Twitch.
When it comes to esports, Hearthstone is really easy to pick up. The team at Blizzard partnered with the production team behind The World Series of Poker to help ensure that spectators get the best possible experience. This means that you're able to see everything that both players see, including the cards in their decks, possible strategies and more. Plus, there are professional shoutcasters who explain the game as its being played, getting excited by the action and sharing their enthusiasm with everyone watching.
Types of Hearthstone eSports Bets
As in any sport, there are a variety of elements that you can bet on in Hearthstone eSports betting.
- Match Winner - These bets are quite straightforward, you simply bet on which of the two players you think will win the match. Odds are calculated by the bookmakers and pay out accordingly.
- Futures Market - If you want to bet on the total outcome of a tournament and perhaps wager on a certain team coming in first, you'll be betting on the future market. This can be extremely specific by betting on a particular team or player, or more open with wagers on who will be in the finals or which region will be represented by the winning players.
- Handicap Bets - These are used on matches where it's clear that one side will win. Then you might use a handicap bet to say how many games the player will need to win the match or even wager on the weaker team to wager on their chances of winning one match out of three.
- Turn Bets - These are wagers where you predict how many turns will happen in a game or even an entire match. This type of bet requires a lot of knowledge and understanding of the game as you'll need to get a feel for how the players interact and how many turns they might need to overpower their opponents. Turn bets will generally be under-over bets rather than wagers on a specific number of turns.
- Special Bets - These wagers are incredibly specific but make watching the match even more exciting. Special bets can include which cards might appear in a match or which player will complete specific in-match tasks first. These are higher risk bets but can feature higher payouts as a result.
Real money bets on Hearthstone work along the same lines as traditional sports betting. They use odds to help you calculate how much money you will win if you place a bet. So, for example, one team might have a 20% chance of winning, which will then be given 4/1 odds. This means that for every $1 you bet, you could win $4, plus get your $1 bet back. Alternatively, it might be obvious that one team will win, with a 90% chance of beating the opponent. This would then be given 1/9 odds, which means that for every $9 you bet, you'll win $1, and obviously get your original $9 wager back.
Top Tips for Hearthstone Betting
When it comes to being successful with eSports betting, here are some things to keep in mind.
- The more you know, the better you'll do. Get to know the game so that when they talk about expansions, new cards changing the game or other factors that might shake things up, you don't get left behind.
- Don't try to be the expert on everything. Yes, learn a lot, but also recognize that even the professionals specialize in esports. Focus just on Hearthstone, and maybe even really hone in on one or two classes. You can make match bets in general and save your speciality bets for players who use a druid deck or players who take on specific hero roles.
- Be selective with your bets. Don't just bet on your favorite team because you like them, and don't bet on every tournament or match. You'll be far more successful by only betting on matches you're confident about.
- Don't only bet on the big names. There are plenty of smaller tournaments and underdog teams. This is where big upsets and huge payouts can really pay off.
- Get to know the players. Some players are better online than in land-based tournaments. Just like in traditional sports, players are people and will battle injuries or general preferences. The more you know about the players you're betting on, the better your chances of success.
Winning Teams of Recent Years
Hearthstone has taken a new approach recently. While some tournaments feature established teams, there is a shift towards creating regional teams. This could be based on a country or even city where players are based. As a result, these top teams might not necessarily reflect future names you'll hear about. Previous top teams included Grimestreet Grifters, Chillblade Crusaders, Misfits, Luminosity and Na'Vi.
Names to Watch in Hearthstone
The teams and tournament structures might change over time, but the reality is that some players continually appear in the rankings and are the true MVPs of Hearthstone. Some of the top players and rising stars include:
- Stanislav “StanCifka” Cifka: A champion Magic: the Gathering, chess, poker and Hearthstone player from the Czech Republic
- Pavel “Pavel” Beltukov: Currently the highest earning Hearthstone player, Pavel is from Yekaterinburg Russia.
- Muzahidul “Muzzy” Islam: America's #1 player, currently studying game and simulation development at Albright College in Pennsylvania, this 20-year-old was the breakout Hearthstone star of 2017.
- Sebastian “Xixo” Bentert: Often called a Hearthstone prodigy, this German player is one to watch.
- Paul “Zalae” Nemeth: You can watch Zalae on twitch where he plays Hearthstone regularly, showcasing the skills he learned as a professional Magic: The Gathering player. He also won state chess championships in Ohio, USA.
Top Hearthstone Betting Sites
Ready to start betting on Hearthstone? You'll want to find a reputable site to do so. There are plenty of sites that will let you wager on esports, but not all of them are as trustworthy as we'd hope. That's why we've done the hard work for you. Our experts have found the best eSports betting sites for 2020. All of our recommended sites offer:
- Bonuses & Promotions - get generous welcome bonuses just for signing up, as well as loyalty programs and other great rewards.
- Secure Banking - you'll be able to choose from a range of top banking options, ensuring secure transactions with fast deposits and withdrawals.
- Game Selection - want to bet on more than Hearthstone? All our recommended sites have a vast array of games available for betting, as well as a range of bets on offer.
- Security - we only recommend reputable, licensed and regulated sites so that you can rest assured that it is safe.
- Compatibility - we know that many gamblers like to take their bets with them on the go while others prefer their computers. No matter which platform you use, these sites work across all devices.
- Support- even the best sites can have glitches or issues. All our recommended sites offering friendly, efficient customer support.
Join the Fireside Today!
Betting on Hearthstone can be fun and profitable. You can enjoy the thrill of the game and win big alongside your favorite players. Now that you understand the basics, it's time to get started and see why eSports in general and Hearthstone, in particular, is so popular in 2020. Check out our recommended eSports betting sites to find the one that works for you and start winning at Hearthstone betting today.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get started with Hearthstone gambling?
It's easy to get started. Simply watch a few rounds of Hearthstone to get a feel for the game and then choose a site from our list of recommended betting sites to start reaping the rewards.
What are Hearthstone wager matches?
Wager matches are special bets available to gamblers who also play Hearthstone. You'll use in-game currency or items to bet inside game lobbies.
How do the odds work in Hearthstone online gambling?
The odds in Hearthstone work the same way as those in normal sports betting. Odds are calculated by bookies with payouts on successful bets paid accordingly.
Can I get a bonus for Hearthstone betting online?
For sure! All our recommended sites offer excellent rewards and promotions just for signing up and placing your wagers online.
Can I win real money by betting on Hearthstone?
Yes, you can! Betting on Hearthstone can be just as lucrative as other sports betting.
What kinds of bets can I place?
There is a range of bets such as outright wins on matches or tournaments, as well as handicap bets, turn bets and even speciality wagers on specific actions or cards.
Can I place bets on my mobile or tablet?
Definitely! All our recommended sites offer mobile options, although you'll want to make sure your specific device is compatible before making your first deposit.
Which online gambling sites offer the best odds on Hearthstone?
Our experts have found the best gambling sites that offer the best odds as well as reliable payouts and bonuses. When you play at any of our recommended sites for 2020, you're sure to get the best possible Hearthstone betting experience.