A man that’s after the best freerolls and competitions, our poker site recommendations are all the better for Craig’s hand in making sure they’re thoroughly reviews on a regular basis.
BetOnline Poker Review Summary
BetOnline primarily offers sports betting on the internet and it expanded in 2010 with the launch of an online poker room. It is now one of the leading sites for playing the card game in the United States while also welcoming players from the UK and other markets in order to provide better traffic at the tables.
Its focus is mostly on casual gaming and most of the action can be found at the low and mid stakes, with plenty of tournaments that fall into this betting range as well.
Bonuses and Offers 8 /10
A great way to start the fun at BetOnline is by cashing in the welcome bonus, which is bigger than what most online poker rooms are offering nowadays.
200% Sign-Up Bonus on The First Deposit - Join BetOnline Poker and make a first deposit of at least 0 to get a bonus of 200% up to $5,000. Visa, MasterCard, Skrill, Neteller, Diners Club, Bitcoin, Bank Transfer, Cheque, Person To Person
$5,000 in Cash Prizes Every Week - Play poker at BetOnline every week in Sit 'n Go tournaments to earn points and claim shares of the $5,000 prize pool.
$90,000 in Guaranteed Prize Pools Every Weekend - BetOnline Poker is putting up at least $90,000 in guaranteed prize pools for tournaments on Saturday and Sunday.
- 200% bonus on the first deposit that can go up to $2,000 for free.
- The offer is only available for new players who registered an account.
- Players must contact the support team by email with the subject POKERNEW to activate the offer.
- The Bonus funds will be activated within 24 hours.
- There are five stages in which the entire sum is released as POP points are earned.
- 120 days are available for completing the bonus.
- Each player is only eligible for a bonus at a time.
- BetOnline offers a Weekly Sit 'n Go leaderboard challenge with $5,000 in cash prizes.
- $5,000 guaranteed tournaments take place every week day and they can award entries to the $50,000 tournament on Sunday.
- Every weekend comes with multiple tournaments with at least $90,000 in guaranteed prizes.
- BetOnline Poker doesn't currently have a set loyalty program but it does award POP points based on the rake in cash games and fees for tournaments.
- POP points can be used for entries in special tournaments and freerolls.
- Each registered player can refer an unlimited number of friends to join BetOnline.
- The existing user will receive $50 as a Free Play bonus for every referred friend that makes a deposit of at least $50.
- The received bonus has to be rolled over eight times.
Banking Options 8.6 /10
There are about a dozen payment options to choose from and these include popular ones in the United States and big web wallets that are commonly used around the world. BetOnline even accepts Bitcoin.
The operator does a pretty good job in the banking department as it is not limited to just a handful of methods. It is also nice to see that the effort for making it convenient for American players has not taken away options that might be preferred by other customers.
Security and Regulation 8 /10
BetOnline is very serious when it comes to security and so it makes sure that all data is secured at all times and that players will not have to worry when using money here.
SSL encryption technology is used and the website is secured on some pages, when it is needed. Also, the downloadable app has been tested and it is completely free of any malware.
Software and Games 7.6 /10
The graphics really make for a fun experience at the virtual tables and BetOnline uses modern software with plenty of nice features
Although only available by download, the software is nicely done to show the style of the operator while also allowing users to make some small changes to better fit their preferences. It loads fast and it starts with a clean lobby for selecting the tables or tournaments. Texas Hold'em is the main poker variant.
Compatibility 8 /10
BetOnline Poker offers two downloadable applications: for Windows and for Mac. Mobile gaming is not supported at this time for the online poker room.
It doesn’t matter if you are using a Mac or a Windows machine as BetOnline has you covered. The buttons for starting the download are presented on the site and it is free to install them on the respective platform.
BetOnline software works on the following platforms: Windows PC, Mac
Freerolls 9.4 /10
BetOnline hosts several nice freerolls and they go well with the many tournaments that have really low buy-ins. Some events can also require a few POP points so that players don’t have to use any real money.
Players can expect to win shares of prize pools between $10 and $100 in freerolls every day so it is actually possible to get a bankroll going with a bit of skill and patience. The beauty here is that these events don’t require a buy-in and they usually attract large fields of casual players.
Tournaments 8 /10
There are a lot of tournaments scheduled for every day at BetOnline Poker but the biggest ones are usually during the weekend, with the $50,000 GTD event being held on Sunday.
The majority of multi-table tournaments and SNG events have buy-ins in the low-mid range and there really are no tournaments for big spenders. Some of the larger ones have qualifiers running throughout the week so that players can enter for a small price.
- Large variety of events
- Plenty of fish at the tables
- Easy-to-use software
- Easy to practice at small stakes
- Large welcome bonus for more funds
- Decent traffic for the popular variants
- Daily challenges with real prizes
- Traffic falls in non-peak hours
- Not available without download
- Not compatible with mobile devices
Traffic 8 /10
The traffic is not excellent but BetOnline Poker does get a few hundred players every day so it shouldn’t be hard to find action when it comes to the popular stakes.
Peak hours on the network usually match the working schedule in the United States and numbers can go up to around 700, while the average is usually at a bit over 400. This is by no means a lot of traffic but it is also not something to discourage casual gamers.
The customer support at BetOnline lived up to our expectations from such a big online betting brand and the team actually seemed happy to answer our questions and help us with common issues.
We also found that the help section had useful and detailed answered FAQs so that players could get assistance without having to talk to a member of the support team. A drawback found is that the service is not available by live chat.
Live Chat Support
If you are looking for something different and reliable, BetOnline Poker is a good choice, especially if you are from the United States. The large welcome bonus will gradually be added to the account for a long-term income just for choosing to bet here and the other promotions will provide a lot of ways to add more winnings to the bankroll. We also liked the banking system and while we made do with the traffic, a bit more action would be nice. The only way to improve this is to get more players to join so make sure you give BetOnline a shot.