Not to be confused with the Federation Internationale de Football Association, which is the governing body for the sport and who officially licensed the video game, FIFA in this case refers to EA Sports’ football simulator. Having released the first FIFA game in 1993, with an annual release every year since, FIFA as a videogame has evolved to represent one of the premier sports titles in the world. The latest instalment, FIFA 18, topped the UK games chart on its release week with an estimated 5.9 million copies sold worldwide in its first week in retail.
The success of the title stems mostly from the fact that FIFA games feature licensed teams and leagues from around the world. Players can choose to play their favorite Football legends from the English Premier League, US major League Soccer, Australia’s A-League and more, with more teams and players being added every year. In addition to featuring the world’s premier players, EA is best known for their annual Interactive World Cup events which invites players from around the globe to compete to be the best eSports athlete in a three-day event that culminates in the crowning of the Grand Champion.
The Interactive World Cup: The Birth of Competitive FIFA
Thanks to Interactive World cup event, which requires players to compete in a series of elimination tournaments in order to garner an invite, FIFA as an eSports title has truly started to thrive. With the success of these events leading to the matches being televised on Fox digital platforms, garnering support from players across the globe who tune in to support their local talent or even just to watch how the professionals play. It is thanks to this growing eSports market that betting on FIFA has seen a huge surge in popularity.
Score Big with FIFA
In addition to the growing popularity of the game as an eSports title, thanks to its similarities to traditional Football, and thus Football betting, the market for FIFA betting continues to grow. Getting started with betting is simple and can be done in just a few minutes.
Simply choose your preferred betting site that offers FIFA as a betting option, register an account, deposit some credit, and start placing your bets today.
Breaking Down Betting Options
Thanks to its similarities to traditional Football betting, FIFA offers players many of the same betting option. The most popular wagers include:
- Money-line Bets – the most common type of wager, money-line bets are bets placed on the result of a single match-up. The odds offered on these match-ups reflect the perceived strength of the individual player. An example of a money-line bet would be a wager that states that Player A will beat Player B.
- Outright Bets – also known as “futures market” bets, these wagers do not focus on single-matches but rather on the overall outcome of the tournament. These can be placed on a team; region or even a bet stating which two players will reach the final.
- Accumulator Bets– also known as combo bets, these wagers consist of multiple individual bets that, if won, will have their odds multiplied together for a larger overall pay-out. An example would be two $5 bets placed on players during group stage of a tournament. Bet one, with odds 1/2, states that Player A will beat Player B. Bet two, with odds 2/5, states that Player C will lose to Player D. If both of these bets are won, the total profit would be $5 x (1/2 +1) x (2/5 + 1) = $10.5
- Special Bets – more specialized bets, these wagers are placed on specific events that will happen within a game rather than on something as broad as who will win or lose. An example would be a bet placed that Player A will score 5 goals. Regardless of the result of the match, if that player scores 5 times the wager will be won.
- In-play Bets – also known as live-bets, these wagers are placed only once a game has started. Similar to special bets, in-play bets focus on specific events within a game. An example would be that Player A blocks 3 goals in a match.
Odds: Favorable, Unfavorable, & Fractional Formats
Understanding odds, which can be seen as the “chance” of an event occurring within a game, is important for players looking to make some money with eSports betting.
Odds are calculated by bookies and take into a number of factors including player form, past results, historical results against the same opponent and more. In addition, just as in traditional betting, the most common way bookies express odds are through fractional odds e.g. the odds of Player A winning over Player B is 1/4 (indicating that for every four matches played, that player will win once).
The odds of a bet dictate how much a bet will pay-out and calculating your potential winnings is easy with fractional odds. Let’s break it down in an example.
- Odds of 4/1 – for every $1 bet you will be paid out $4 for a win (i.e. favorable odds)
- Odds of 1/9 – for every $9 bet you will be paid out $1 for a win (i.e. unfavorable odds)
Working out your winnings is as simple as multiplying your odds by your stake e.g. if you wager $5 on a game with odds 4/1 you will be paid out 4 x $5 = $20
Tips to Scoring Big with FIFA
In order to do well in the betting scene, you need dedication (to researching and understanding the game), the skill to recognize good from bad bets as well as no small amount of luck. To help you on your path to winning we have some handy tips and tricks to keep in mind:
- Know the game and players you are betting on
- Specialize as often as possible – choose a region or group of players to wager on and place educated bets on this select group
- Bet selectively and objectively – do not bet on every match and place bets based on collected data rather than on gut feelings (even if your favorite player is up next)
- Don’t limit yourself to major events – small events with unknown players offer the best chance for underdog victories (and thus bigger payouts)
- Understand player form – players cannot always perform at the same level, some research before bets are placed is essential
Meet the FIFA eSports Stars
The FIFA eSports scene is still in its infancy compared to other well-established games, with sanctioned tournaments being limited to two main events. Here are some of the notable players, with their listed achievements, for the 2017 season:
- Spencer “Gorilla_Unilad” Ealing – 2017 FIFA Interactive World Cup Champion (FIWC)
- Kai “Deto” Wollin – 2017 FIFA Interactive World Cup Runner-Up
- Marcus “Expectsporting” Jorgenson – First FIFA Interactive Club World Cup Champion (FICWC)
- Fouad “Rafsou” Fares – FIFA Interactive Club World Cup Runner-Up
Vetting the Best FIFA Betting Sites is our Priority
With the rising popularity of FIFA betting comes the worry that our valued players will fall into the trap of choosing to bet on sites that are not reputable and licensed. Not only is this practice dangerous, as it does not guarantee safe banking and security when it comes to your personal details, but it also means that you do not have access to the benefits that come with playing on top-class sites. That is why our experts have done the hard work in vetting on the best online sites that offer FIFA betting.
The sites we recommend are guaranteed to offer you:
- The widest range of games and betting options
- Juicy bonuses and handsome rewards just for signing up
- Safe and convenient banking for secure and fast deposits and withdrawals
- Secure gambling at only licensed and regulated sites
- Compatibility with the widest range of mobile smartphone and tablets
- Dedicated customer service for peace of mind gambling
Start Winning with FIFA Today
While the FIFA betting scene may still be relatively small, its potential cannot be overlooked. We’ve run you through what FIFA is, how betting works and even broken down some tips and tricks to winning big. Stake your own claim on a share of the FIFA eSports pie and sign-up to start building your bankroll.
Whatever your needs, there is sure to be a site that suits you on our list of recommended sites that offer FIFA betting so be sure to head over for a taste of what our top-class recommendations can offer you today.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does online betting on FIFA work?
Thanks to FIFA being based on the real game of Football, online betting on FIFA works almost the same way as traditional sports betting with one main difference: instead of a team you will be betting on a single player.
How do I get started with FIFA online betting?
Getting started is as easy as choosing a reputable and licensed site that offers FIFA betting, registering an account, making an initial deposit and then heading over to the FIFA boards to place your first wager.
Can I win real money with FIFA gambling?
Yes! Just like traditional sports betting, there is real money to be made from placing bets on FIFA players.
Are there bonuses available for online eSports betting?
The best online sites, like the ones we recommend, not only offer players the best odds on matches but also give players access to the biggest bonuses and rewards just for signing up and playing.
Which types of bets can I place?
Players can place a number of different bets including money-line, outright, specials and in-play bets.
Where is the best place for online FIFA betting?
Our experts have carefully selected the best sites that offer FIFA betting in 2019 so that you can concentrate on finding the best site for you.